Dream Products and Product Dream-Teams!

JohnSnow

Hero
Well, seeing as how there was a thread on people being disappointed, I thought I'd open one to throw a little shout out to writers, designers and developers whose work we enjoy. I've had some good experiences with a few pros in this industry over the years that their names have become something like "brand names" I trust. I've bought books based on their involvement (if I was interested in the subject) and rarely been disappointed. So, without further ado, here's my "dream product."

Sword & Sorcery - A scarce-magic product with game design by Wil Upchurch and Mike Mearls, to bring some of the fun of old-fashioned pulp fantasy fiction back to fantasy gaming. Ideally, some of the writing would be done by Keith Baker (we had some cool Fafhrd/GM discussions over at the WotC boards...). Even better, maybe Andy Collins would get to participate as well. :cool:

Seeing as all these guys now work (or have freelanced) for Wizards of the Coast, I'm REALLY hoping y'all might get to work together on something like this some day. I don't know if all you guys get along, but if you do, I'd really like to see this one. Maybe a word to the bosses? Pleeeease? ;)

That's my "fantasy" product. Anyone else have one?

Ghostwind

First Post
I have two dream projects I'd like to put together one day. It's not out of the realm of possiblity, all it takes is the financial funds to do it. ;)

The first is a horror setting with the team of Ed Greenwood, Jason Parent, Will Hindmarch, Todd Laing, Phil Reed, and myself. It would be useable with modern or fantasy and be structured so low level characters are highly desired to have in a party because they would be "innocent" compared to higher level characters.

The second is a sci-fi setting to replace the defunct Dragonstar setting. The team for that one would feature Ari Marmell, Rodney Thompson, Shannon Bennett, JD Wiker, and myself. It would have a Warhammer 40k feel without being 40k. Hard sci-fi with some fantasy elements but not D&D in space.

Someday... :)

I want a Koboldomicon...the size of the Draconomicon.

I don't care who writes it as long as its of he same qualiy as the Draco and has the same great artwork inside.

I'd love to see Necromancer Games do a product for Castles & Crusades. I'd also love to see a Necromancer Games campaign setting that connects their modules & mythos.

A new edition of the FR Bloodstone Lands sourcebook, written by Ed Greenwood, with new art by Larry Elmore.

And I know we've seen a ton of these, but another book on dwarves and their culture.

By Terry Pratchett.

DMH

First Post
A series of books of ecologies written by Jonathan Richards, Greg Detwiller (sp?), and whoever has written the ecology sections of the Oathbound books that covers all the SRD creatures and a few dozen OGC ones. Say minimum of 5 pages each and 50 critters per book.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
I can only think of one thing that would truly qualify for the title of this thread:

Keith Baker, Matt Sernett and Rich Burlew...

... doing Spelljammer Returns...

... under Jeff Grubb...

... with new Jeff Easley cover art or, for a new look, Samwise Didier...

... for True20.

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
Return to the BaneWarrens by Monte Cook, Sean K Reynolds and Bruce Cordell.
Witchfire Trilogy Revisited by the same authors and Matt Wilson illustrating.

Remove ads