[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Ferrix

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
I am trying to think of someone who has become an expert Mythar hunter, sort of in the vein of Tau but in a completely different direction. So my options that I am pondering so far:

1. Egoist(w/Metamorphsis) who can transform into Mythar (and many other critters)
2. Quietus from Hyperconscious
3. Gnomish Chronorebel
4. Illithid Slayer modified to hunt mythar
5. Thrallherd (my first thought, but BS is going with the leadership thing)

Egoist would be fine.

Quietus would be fine.

No chronorebel, I really like the concept, and I'd probably only allow it for gnomes, so unless you can somehow convince me...

Use the Slayer class from the SRD, here. Just choose Mythar as your Favored Psionic Enemy :)

Thrallherd, I would have loved to know what you were going to do with this one.

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
Ferrix, any chance I could instead of droping spellcasting as the CW has it for Ranger, I could simply get a full animal companion per the druid? Or would I have to give up more?

Let me think on it and I'll give you an answer later.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:
Ooops, will fix that, it's always a class skill.

Beastmaster would be fine depending upon your race/region of origin.
Fyndorn barbarian tribal character. (Ranger/Beastmaster)

My basic idea was that Big Bro took his younger sister out on a nature trip and got caught by the Mythar while trying to protect his sister (BS's character). A few days later, she found him on the brink of death bleeding with is tongue torn out. He's been a bit of a loaner, depressed that he can't comunicate the oncoming danger of the Mythar, and has instead turned to Animals, since they are all he can comunicate with easily. So eventualy he sets off with his sister to try to stop things.

Let me know about the companion thing. I'm going ranged ranger.

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
Fyndorn barbarian tribal character. (Ranger/Beastmaster)

My basic idea was that Big Bro took his younger sister out on a nature trip and got caught by the Mythar while trying to protect his sister (BS's character). A few days later, she found him on the brink of death bleeding with is tongue torn out. He's been a bit of a loaner, depressed that he can't comunicate the oncoming danger of the Mythar, and has instead turned to Animals, since they are all he can comunicate with easily. So eventualy he sets off with his sister to try to stop things.

Let me know about the companion thing. I'm going ranged ranger.

Just a note, the Mythar rarely ever venture up into Fyndorn, so you'd have to have traveled down into Cihairdun to encounter them. Although you'll have to give a good story as to why they just didn't kill you outright and put you up on display.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix said:
Just a note, the Mythar rarely ever venture up into Fyndorn, so you'd have to have traveled down into Cihairdun to encounter them. Although you'll have to give a good story as to why they just didn't kill you outright and put you up on display.
Perhaps he wouldn't talk so they tore out his tongue and put him up on display like that (They wanted to know where he was from since he was obviously not from the area, as well as who the little girl was), and his sister found him before he bled to death.

BTW, if it helps, I know you were talking about the mute thing and a bonus feat, if that works as the additional sacrifice beyond spells to get a full advancement of animal companion, that's fine. Or even if I can use just that instead of the spells and use the CW Spell-less ranger. (He couldn't comunicate well with others, so he grew closer to animals)

Another option would be to allow me to take the Natural Bond feat for free due to that (+3 to effective druid level for companions, but can't go beyond your total HD in effective level with this feat). So no full advancement, just the free feat.

Just thinking allowed, I'm looking forward to the challenge of playing a speachless character, especialy since writing isn't always easily available, and never a good quick option (and expensive without pencils, dry erase, ect).

I'm looking at Ranger 6, Beastmaster 1 to start.

DrZombie

First Post
Ferrix said:
DrZombie - Cool :)

is that cool as in : it's good, go try to create a character nd let me see it, ot cool an in : you're getting there, give me some more?

Dang it's hard typing with a sleeping new-born on your arm. It's four pm here and I'm the only one awake in the house lol.

sword-dancer

Explorer
A fighter or a fighter/Rogue rather operating under the deception of a mercenary, when in truce is courier or strike team member .
Or a Janissarie of the mythar who deserted their service after he got over his indoctrinations.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
Perhaps he wouldn't talk so they tore out his tongue and put him up on display like that (They wanted to know where he was from since he was obviously not from the area, as well as who the little girl was), and his sister found him before he bled to death.

No, that's not going to work... One of the first things I said via email was that my character hadn't encountered the Mythar, at least until after her bro got himself tossed from the tribes, and that she was fallowing him out of blind faith, love, and worry. :)

Bront

The man with the probe
He's nearly complete.

Sblocked for space saving sake.

[sblock]
Kolbyr Fjorin
Human(Fyndorn) Ranger 6/Beastmaster 1

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 184
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Pale

STR: 14 [+2] (6 points)
DEX: 18 [+4] (13 points + 1 Level)
CON: 14 [+2] (6 points)
INT: 10 [+0] (2 points)
WIS: 12 [+1] (4 points)
CHA: 10 [+0] (2 points)

Wound Points: 14
Vitality Dice: 6d8 + 1d10 + 14
VP: 59
Armor Class: 20 (10 base + 4 Dex + 4 Defense Bonus + 2 Armor)
Class Defense Bonus: +4
Initiative: +4
BAB: +7/2
- Melee: +9/4
- Ranged: +11/6

Speed: 30’

FORT: +9 (7 Base + 2 Con)
REFL: +11 (7 Base + 4 Dex)
WILL: +3 (2 Base + 1 Wis)

Abilities:
- Bonus Feat
- 4 extra skill points at 1st level, +1 skill point per additional level
- +2 racial bonus on survival checks
- Survival always a class skill
- Cold Resistance equal to their Constitution bonus (2)
- Favored Class: Barbarian or Ranger
- Favored Enemy: +4
- Favored Enemy: +2
- Animal Companion: As Druid of Level 10 ( 3 Ranger + 3 feat + 4 Beastmaster))
- Mute (Tongue Removed, Unable to speak normaly)
- Wild Empathy (Noted in Skills)

Feats:
Mute Bonus
- Natural Bond
1st Level
- Point Blank Shot
Human Bonus
- Precise Shot
1st Ranger
- Track
2nd Ranger
- Rapid Shot
3rd Level
- Skill Focus: Handle Animal
3rd Ranger
- Endurance
6th Level
- Armor Compatibility (+2 to max Dex in Armor)
6th Ranger
- Many Shot

Skills:
Climb +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Str)
Handle Animal +10 (10 Ranks, +0 Cha)
Heal +8 (5 Ranks, +1 Wis, +2 Healers Kit)
Hide +9 (5 Ranks, +4 Dex)
Jump +7 (5 Ranks, +2 Str)
Kn: Nature +10 (8 Ranks, +0 Int, +2 Synergy)
Listen +6 (5 Ranks, +1 Wis)
Move Silently +9 (5 Ranks, +4 Dex)
Ride +6 (0 Ranks, +4 Dex, +2 Synergy)
Search +5 (5 Ranks, +0 Int)
Spot +6 (5 Ranks, +1 Wis)
Survival +13(15) (10 Ranks, +1 Wis, +2 Racial, +2 Synergy in natural environments)
Spot +6 (5 Ranks, +1 Wis)
Wild Empathy +9 (7 Levels, +2 Synergy)

Languages:
- Common
- Fyndorn

Equipment:
Melee weapons
-Great Axe +10/5 (1d12+3, 19-20) Masterwork (320 gp, 12 lb)
-Hand Axe +9/4 (1d6+2, 19-20) (6 gp, 2 lb)
-Dagger +9/4 (1d4+2, 19-20) (2 gp, 1 lb)

Ranged weapons
-Composite Longbow +12/7 (1d8+2, 19-20, 120 ft.) Masterwork +2 Strength (600 gp, 3 lb)
-Dagger +11/6 (1d4+2, 19-20, 10 ft.) Thrown

Armor
-Chain Shirt(+2 AC, 2/Armor, Max Dex +8, ACP 0) Mithril (1100 gp, 12.5 lb)

Miscellaneous Magical or Psionic Items
-Name (gp, lb)

Potions or Psionic Tattoos
-Type (gp)

Mundane equipment
-Explorer’s Outfit (0 gp, (8)lb)
-40 Arrows (2 gp, 6 lbs)
-Backpack (2 gp, 2 lb)
--Bedroll (0.2 gp, 5 lb)
--2 Waterskins (2 gp, 8 lb)
--3 Days Trail Ration (3 gp, 1.5 lb)
--Everburning Torch (110 gp, 1 lb)
--50' Rope (10 gp, 5 lb)
-Belt Pouch (1 gp, 0.5 lb)
--Flint & Steal (1 gp)
--10 Fishhooks (1 gp)
--Whetstone (0.01 gp, 1 lb)

Weight Carried: 61.5 lb
Remain money: 749 gp, 7 sp, 9 cp

Encumberance
Capacity: 58, 116, 175
Lift: 175
Push/Drag: 875

Description
Kolbyr is a tall but strong man, with long flowing blonde hair and piercing blue eyes that are a stark contrast to his pale skin. His face and body is scarred slightly
(More Coming)

Personality
Kolbyr is a somewhat timid and gentile soul, who is driven by love for his people, his family, and a goal that feels like a weight on his shoulders. He does not speak, and only occasionally tries to communicate anything more than something simple to others. He is more content with animals than he is around other people.
(More Coming)

Background
Kolbyr Fjorin was born the eldest son to Chieftain Berrand Fjorin and his wife Faria of the <to be named> tribe. His younger sister, <name pending> was born a few years later. He was always close to his younger sister, feeling a sense of guardianship as well as to be a role-model to her. He knew she looked up to him, and they were quite close.

(More potentially pending)

Curious to explore, Delynn provided extreme interest to the young Kolbyr, who eventually left with her at the age of 21 to venture in Cihairdun. One day in a small village where Delynn had been teaching the villagers how to live with nature, the Mythar arrived. They rounded up the villages quickly, and Kolbyr as well. Noting he was different, they took him aside and tortured him to get him to speak of who was with him. He refused, not knowing that the villagers were suffering because of his stubbornness and resilience. He was drugged, cut, beaten, and tortured psionicly, but he refused to yield. Finally, they cut his tongue out and fed it too him, before leaving him to die of his wounds in a burning building. One of the villagers drug him out of the building before it finished burning after the Mythar left.

Near death and his body torn, Kolbyr had a long recovery ahead of him. The village helped him when they could, but kept him hidden, and some villager’s distaste for him was well known. Delynn, overwhelmed and not knowing Kolbyr was alive, moved on without him. When Kolbyr was able to move around well enough, he set back off to tell his tribe of the great danger of the Mythar, somehow. Traveling slow, and still weak, he was met by his little sister on the way back, who barely recognized him under the scars, and quite upset at his inability to speak.

Kolbyr returned to his tribe with his sister, and spent some more time recovering there. While recovering, he tried to speak to his father and the other tribal chieftains that they must unite to face this oncoming threat. But being neither quick witted nor charming to begin with, stacked with his inability to speak, and his lack of evidence beyond his physical markings, he was brushed off as a doomsayer by all but his sister, who as a young woman, still had very little standing and respect amongst the chieftains herself. His sister clung to him more, having become a fierce warrior and scout herself, but he found more solace in nature with his animal friends as well. He learned ways to communicate with them, and found a new friend and companion in a large brown bear, which he named Fjord.

Exhausting himself trying to convince the stubborn chieftains, he decided to leave. His sister stalked him, but he hadn’t noticed till it was too late to stop her, so he simply ignored her and continued on. However, she wouldn’t quit, and eventually confronted him, saying she was going with too whether he liked it or not. Unable to tell her or easily dissuade her, he journeyed on with her as a companion hoping to find evidence to take back to the chieftains, or at least help to stop the menace of the Mythar however he could. Perhaps if he could find Delynn again…

Companion
Fjord
Large Animal(Brown Bear)
Hit Dice: 8d8+32 (68 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 19 (–1 size, +2 Dex, +7 natural, +1 Armor), touch 11, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+19
Attack: Claw +14 melee (1d8+9)
Full Attack: 2 claws +14 melee (1d8+9) and bite +9 melee (2d6+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +10, Ref +8, Will +3
Abilities: Str 28, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +4, Spot +7, Swim +13, Survival +3
Feats: Endurance, Run, Track

Special Abilities
- Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a brown bear must hit with a claw attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
- Skills: A brown bear has a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks.
- Link(EX): +4 Circumstance bonus to Wild Empathy or Handle Animle Checks made on him. Handled as a free action, pushed as a move action
- Share Spells(EX): N/A since unable to cast spells
- Evasion: Ref saves for 1/2 dmg instead save for no dmg.

Equipment
Armor
-Leather Barding (+1 AC, 1/Armor, Max Dex +, ACP 0) (40 gp, 30 lb)

[/sblock]
Ugh, what a pain to format, but it does look pretty (Other than the companion)

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Shatterstone said:
No, that's not going to work... One of the first things I said via email was that my character hadn't encountered the Mythar, at least until after her bro got himself tossed from the tribes, and that she was fallowing him out of blind faith, love, and worry. :)
Well, then someone else found him and healed him, and he returned then.

I'll be up for a bit longer, fire some e-mails away.

Remove ads