[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Ferrix

Explorer
Dichotomy, excellent! Go ahead and do the numbers if you want.

Erekose13 - What PrC were you thinking of specifically? I do like Hyperconscious, it's a great Psionic resource.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix, thanks for the reply. I'll have to give thought to a new concept as I think those answers where pretty damaging to what I was thinking about…

Unless you can think of a way for a scout to become enlightened to the invasion… I have no issues with others seeing my character as “chicken little.”

Maybe they are down south looking for proof?

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Perhaps your character traveled to Cihairdun and other locations under the yoke of the Mythar, when he realized the danger of the Mythar, he returned to his people to warn them. He would most likely be spurned as a doomsayer, few would listen to him, perhaps his cohort is the one person who would listen but being mute could not speak on your characters behalf. Rejected by his own people he returned to Cihairdun for clearer proof and to clear the debt he has incurred of his ancestors to prove himself once again to the tribe.

Just an idea.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
Just an idea.

And its an interesting one... :D (Just as a note: It's the cohort that is mute and not the PC. I have played a mute PC, its very hard to do, even in PbP, so I'm not sure if I would do it again.)

Could you define how the tribes would spurn a doomsayer? In the civilized world, for the most part, we just roll are eyes and so whatever and go on with are life. Would a doomsayer be so rejected that the tribes would kick him out or would it be less extreme than that?)

If he got the boot it would probably work better but I could probably make it work if he only left cause of his own conscience… *Thinking*

Questions:

Do the tribes have a written language? And do they mate for life? (You know weddings and what not.)

Ferrix

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
And its an interesting one... :D (Just as a note: It's the cohort that is mute and not the PC. I have played a mute PC, its very hard to do, even in PbP, so I'm not sure if I would do it again.)

Yeah, I was assuming your cohort was mute, if you note my comment was that your cohort was the only one who believed you, but couldn't speak out on your characters behalf. Probably I was just confusing in how I wrote that.

Could you define how the tribes would spurn a doomsayer? In the civilized world, for the most part, we just roll are eyes and so whatever and go on with are life. Would a doomsayer be so rejected that the tribes would kick him out or would it be less extreme than that?)

If he got the boot it would probably work better but I could probably make it work if he only left cause of his own conscience… *Thinking*

In an environment that is already quite harsh, someone propheting doom when none is apparent and trying to get tribes to work together when they are competing for resources, will probably be rebuffed since they are suggesting something that goes against tradition and the apparent good of the tribe. If they are particularly adamant and do attempt to change the way of life, they'd probably be excommunicated.

Questions:

Do the tribes have a written language? And do they mate for life? (You know weddings and what not.)

The tribes don't really have a written language, although the shamans and other "educated" members of the tribe may have a semi-runic language. These would be mostly pictographic or symbolic, like an 'O' representing multiple things like: the cycle of life, the seasons, etc.

Mating for life, probably not. Children would be raised by the community and although fidelity may be important, as long as the relationships are known women may have multiple husbands/partners and vice versa.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
Yeah, I was assuming your cohort was mute, if you note my comment was that your cohort was the only one who believed you, but couldn't speak out on your characters behalf. Probably I was just confusing in how I wrote that.

No, it was entirely my fault. I got it right the first time I read through, or so I think I did, but after giving it some thought on how it would work with my concept I got it backwards... (I'll get back to that in a second,)

Ferrix said:
If they are particularly adamant and do not attempt to change the way of life, they'd probably be excommunicated.

I added a word, which is in bold, cause I think its what you where trying to convey. If it's wrong please let me know. :)

Ferrix said:
The tribes don't really have a written language, although the shamans and other "educated" members of the tribe may have a semi-runic language.

I would imagine it’s worth a skill point (for a barbarian to learn) and that the chiefs, and other leader, and their children would know it?

Ferrix said:
Mating for life, probably not. Children would be raised by the community and although fidelity may be important, as long as the relationships are known women may have multiple husbands/partners and vice versa.

Ah, they truly are inspired from the Vikings. :D

I'm going to assume I have all the above correct and start writing up my formal concept. :D

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, I think I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for this, but I need to come up with a good idea. Paladin could be interesting. Where can I find the Psychic Rogue class?

Anyway, I'll come up with something entertaining soon, need to look over the complete books before I decide on anything for certain though.

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Shatterstone said:
Cool, I'm very glad to have you in on this. :D

I have a mute "cohort" that you could play if you wanted too. :)
" " :)

I think I like to talk too much, sorry ;)

Remove ads