[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Bront said:
I'll be up for a bit longer, fire some e-mails away.

Already have. :D (I just posted here so Ferrix would know that it wasn’t finished.)

I sent one about 15 minutes ago to your gmail account. Let me know if you didn’t get it.:)

Bront

The man with the probe
Ferrix, little more info.

How long have the Mythar been invading? Are they a new race? Culture? The info you have is a little vague (And if it's intentional, what would I know about them as a character? You can S-block or e-mail it to me).

sword-dancer

Explorer
The Janissarie see the three guards following the boy, encircling him.
"See Janissarie this is how the guard handles problems of insurrection, decisively." The guard Noncom says.
"The boy will be catched and then he will speak"
He saw the face of the boy tried to hide in an hut, full of fear hanging on the breaking of his determination.
" I doubt he will know something" the jannissarie answered
"If not he then his brother will" was the replie of the Noncom
It was the one last drop,
Janus guted the Guard Noncom in an instant with his dagger.
Then he marched to the hut where the guards smashed the door , drawing his blade.
In the hut, the boy tried frantically for hide or escape as a janissarie stepped through the smashed door.
He was full of blood and gore, a piece of flesh slide from his helm and his sword was full of blood.
"Boy, follow me out of here, take your brother and leave this place, the guard knows of you both "

"I will wait at the Apple Gardens North of the citie till midnight, if the resistence wants to give me a try, I´ll wait for them there"
the drop to much

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
DrZombie said:
is that cool as in : it's good, go try to create a character nd let me see it, ot cool an in : you're getting there, give me some more?

Dang it's hard typing with a sleeping new-born on your arm. It's four pm here and I'm the only one awake in the house lol.

Give me more and make the character :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix, question for you... Your opening posts talks about barbarians being attacked along with some of the other groups of humans. With few exceptions, though I do admit they do happen, there are always POWs, Prisoners of War. Would the Mythar keep prisoners after large-scale wars for slave labor or what not or would they kill every survivor?

Also how long ago is the game after the opening post in this OOC thread? :)

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
Ferrix, little more info.

How long have the Mythar been invading? Are they a new race? Culture? The info you have is a little vague (And if it's intentional, what would I know about them as a character? You can S-block or e-mail it to me).

Ah, yes... I figured that would come around, here's what I had in the other thread.

The Mythar are a race of psionic humanoids who descended upon the continent of Ethend a hundred years ago. Surging into battle they eventually overran the continent establishing a dark hold upon the land and forcing many of the races into servitude. The Mythar live in a caste structure determined by their genetic traits upon birth, however these traits are not set and a lower caste warrior may birth a high caste seer.

Their home base on Ethend is a floating city called Psuche which moves about within Agoria, few if any non-Mythar have ever been on this floating city. Across most of Ethend except for Laerendhor, the Iron Wastes, Fyndorn and Zoduka, they form a ruling class. Most towns have at least one or two Mythar overseers, while larger settlements will have quite a few Mythar within their walls, this also depends upon the importance of the location.

For their culture, think of a mix between Githyanki and the Inspired of Eberron.

Two Examples:
Huom: Huom are the most common warriors in the Mythar, they are the infantry and guards in the cities taking care to maintain the status quo of the lesser races. They also form the basic hunting packs which are used in tracking down fugitives.

Huom appear as tall, gaunt humanoids with smooth, gray skin and bald heads. Their eyes are empty black pools of unnerving consciousness, and their ears are subsumed within their skulls.

Seer: Seers are the most common upper caste Mythar, possessing a great deal of mental capability along with the consistent ability to recognize danger before it happens.

Seers appear as tall, gaunt humanoids with sharp features, pointed ears with serrations along the back and yellow skin. Their eyes seem hazy, but the creature does not seem to have any problems noticing you.

Ferrix

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Ferrix, question for you... Your opening posts talks about barbarians being attacked along with some of the other groups of humans. With few exceptions, though I do admit they do happen, there are always POWs, Prisoners of War. Would the Mythar keep prisoners after large-scale wars for slave labor or what not or would they kill every survivor?

Also how long ago is the game after the opening post in this OOC thread? :)

About a hundred years since the initial invasion, perhaps ninety-five since the Mythar established a credible hold over most of their occupied lands.

The barbarians decribed in the first post are actually the warriors of Cihairdun. Those from Agoria saw their traditions and society as barbaric.

Except for perhaps incredibly powerful, long living individuals, they would not keep prisoners of war after such a long period. Now they have subjugated the populaces quite well, particularly the populaces of the more short-lived races. When you were born into subjugation, and your parents were born into subjugation, you've got quite the trend to buck.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
About a hundred years since the initial invasion, perhaps ninety-five since the Mythar established a credible hold over most of their occupied lands.

Yeah, I just picked that up from the last post...

Ferrix said:
The barbarians decribed in the first post are actually the warriors of Cihairdun. Those from Agoria saw their traditions and society as barbaric.

Ahh.

Ferrix said:
When you were born into subjugation, and your parents were born into subjugation, you've got quite the trend to buck.

Yeah, that information really changes how I perceive this game…

Ferrix

Explorer
Sword-dancer - interesting concept, I like the idea of the Janissarie. An "elite" group of non-Mythar enforcers used by the Mythar to keep the populace in fear and division. Expand a bit more on your characters background, etc.

Remove ads