Island Empire Part 2, Mermaid's Rest

Erland

First Post
Morwyn

"I think that Radoon, Marietta, and the three of us should all attend, if possible."

OOC: Sorry for the delay; the last six days were non-stop work due to sales and customer conferences.

Scotley

Hero
Luncheon with Captain de Grasse

The Captain looks thoughtful for a moment, "I believe that I can accomdate five of you without raising a stir." The meal continues and the food is excellent and fairly light. The wines are definately top shelf. The Captain makes small talk and discusses a few mutual acquaintences with Finn. As coffee and a light fluffy lemon pastry is served she asks. "Is there anything more you'd like to discuss today?"

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

This time, Finn's smile is entirely genuine. "Perhaps, extend our compliments to your chef, as this meal has been most exemplary! I thank you, Captain, most heartily for agreeing to help us this little bit in our task. If there is ever any service I can do for you, count on my assistance. I'm sure Master Marin would extend the same assurance if he was here to do so. While we do have our own people looking into the affair, if anything unusual concerning the disappearance of the Marin ships or a stray reference to Allois should come to your attention, please let us know. All possible information in this matter will only serve to make our task an easier one."

Scotley

Hero
Lunch with Captain de Grasse

"I have been far south of late and so have little current information, but I'll keep my ears open. I haven't exactly been socializing in this place. I rather enjoyed having company today. I'll pass your kind words on my cook, she's had no chance to exercise her skills of late." She streches and rises from the table to take each of your hands. She turns to Captain Morwyn, "I hope you'll invite me to your ship. From what I've seen at a distance I think it must be a very interesting ship." Returning her attention to all of you she says, "Thank you for a stimulating lunch gentlemen, you've given me much to think about. My officer will show you back to your boat. I must bid you good day." She nods to her officer and you are shown out, leaving the Captain to stare out a window obviously lost in thought.

Soon you are back on the deck marveling and the high level of skill and attention to detail displayed by the crew of the "Lady in White". Back in your little boat you begin the journey back to the "Rumpled Bedsheet."

OOC: Each of you roll spot checks!

Scotley

Hero
Aboard the 'Rumpled Bedsheet'

OOC: Oh go ahead and roll one too. You've been patient, I might as well throw some excitement your way. :)

Remove ads