Shards of Memory- Prologue: Fractured Union Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Please Lyri tell me, I want to understand and I’m not one to judge.”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"I'm just a selfish person...It is of no consequence...It's just...I could tell you felt pity towards me in the bath, and that's very sweet, but...I'm looking for something more than pity...So, it's just not right for me..."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“You’re not selfish at all Lyri and it wasn’t pity that made me try to include you, you are a very beautiful woman after all, it was more a sense of including you in the love Valyssa and I share, but I’m sorry it made you uncomfortable...if there’s anything I can do to remedy that you have only to ask...plus I would still like those singing lessons, as I think you’re more than qualified enough to teach an amateur like me,” Zaeryn says, warbling a few notes and laughing at his poor performance.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"That's just it, though...You and Valyssa already have your love, and you just felt sorry for me because I was left out...But, I want...I need...something more...I don't know...I know it is greedy of me."

"I don't know much musical theory to teach, and my voice is obviosuly higher than yours, but...if you want a selfish and confused girl for a teacher, I can try..."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“It’s not at all greedy to want to find a love of your own, I understand completely, I’ve been alone myself for the last four years until by lucky coincidence I met Valyssa...I’m sure the same will happen for you, just give it time...I know it isn’t what you want, but to include you in our closeness gives us pleasure and brings us closer to you too, please believe me when I say it’s not pity at all...Oh you’re not selfish at all, you want what you want, and I’m very happy you know what that is, so yes I would love those singing lessons Lyri.”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*Alyria sighs.*

"You're a nice guy, Zaeryn. Too bad you're already taken...Now, the first thing you need to do is lie down, close your eyes, and take a deep breath--"

*She places her hand gently on his chest above his belly-button.*

"Once you get in touch with your centre and the way the sound flows through there and out to the rest of your body and you start feeling the way your voice box propagates sound, you can start learning the musicality itself...So first, just take a deep breath...Okay, that's it... in...two...three...four...five... hold...two...three...four...five... out...two...three...four...five... hold...two...three...four...five..."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]*Understanding he may have finally gotten through to Alyria about their feelings toward her, Zaeryn concentrates on the breathing exercise.*

OOC: Yep, had to knock that on the head eventually, just as well I'd run out of stuff to say anyway :p run on sentences...I just can’t help myself. ;) [/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*After getting Zaeryn to concentrate and focus on his breathing, Alyria slowly has him explore the feeling of bringing out sound with each exhalation, so he can start to learn how his vocal chords produce sound of different pitches.*

(OOC:
Yep, had to knock that on the head eventually, just as well I'd run out of stuff to say anyway run on sentences...I just can’t help myself.
Come again?)
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]*Zaeryn follows Alyria’s instruction, feeling she’s a much better teacher than she thinks.*

OOC: Rewrote first part of the post so it actually makes sense, as for the OOC ignore my weirdness I was just enjoying arguing it so much and didn’t think I’d done enough to ?win? if such a situation can be won--hence the OOC and the subsequent rewrite. ;) :p :lol: :cool: [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"There, that's it--very good! Unfortunately, that's really the most I can hope to teach you of theory with what little I know--the only other thing I might be able to do to help is to sing several tones from different pitches so that you can attempt to mimic them now and learn what they are. Would you like to try?"

(OOC: Oh, OK--no, no problem: that makes sense. Now I understand that other OOC :))
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads