Strahd's "RttToEE" - [OOC]

OK friends, I'm Croos lining the loot's post.

Dividing the coins - 14 gold and 10 silver each.
Selling items - 332 gold 9 silver.
Identify items - 35 each
Total: 311 gold 19 silver each.

Now - the magical items are: Brooch of shielding, Necklace of prayer beads (2 blessing left), Ring of mind shielding.

Items you haven't Identify yet - iron torch and three black cones, a small black sphere and a black metal tube.
magical studded leather armor, magical brooch(Thandis).
regular items you haven't sold yet are with out "Crossing line' in the loot's post

I've done a mistake, I forgot to write down the items you brought from the cave of the mad priest and up the shaft where you killed, Geynor, Chatrilon and the Troglodyte.
Here are the regular and maical items, I added them to the RG too.

Up the shaft #32 – small statue, Rapier, buckler, wand, 60 gold, 15 silver, Cloak.

The Big cave with the mad priestPearl, potion, 23 gold coins, gem worth 20 gold.

Summing up the gold again, each get 16 gold and 7 silver from those rooms.

I will summerize all the items shortly.

Wealth Summery

[sblock=Coins (including coins from items you already sold and the cost of Identify]
340 gold 9 silver each.
[/sblock]
I rolled appraise check for you to determine the value of the items.
[sblock=Non Magical Items that you haven't sold]
Ochre robes (10 silver), A black scepter with violet gems (1000 gold), a black metal tube (1 gp, contains a folded scroll you haven't read yet), set of silver chimes (200 gold), bronze brazier (5 gold) and three chunks of incense (25 gold), skin-covered black drum (0 gold), six tindertwigs, small four-sided statue (3 gold).
[/sblock]
[sblock=Magical items you Identified by paying money or by Spellcraft check]
2 feather tokens (bird), Brooch of shielding, Necklace of prayer beads (2 blessing left), Ring of mind shielding.
Potions: Potion of fly, potion of Aid, potion of Clw(2), potion of water breathing
Scrolls: 1 protection from elements fire, 3 clw, animal messenger and stone shape (All divine)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Magical items not Identified]
An iron torch and three black cones, a small black sphere, magical studded leather armor, magical brooch (Thandis), small black bead, Rapier, buckler, wand, Cloak, Pearl.
Total - 11 items not identified.
[/sblock]

Spugnoir deal - 3 more items identify 75 gold each. the rest in 100 gold each.
So if you want to identify all the 11 unknown items it will cost you 205 gold each.

Rhun

First Post
I'm fine with paying Korbryn's share to get things identified; we don't have anywhere near enough gold for him to buy anything of use anyway. :)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Yup, I'll pay for it to. Unidentified magic items are useless.

/rant: OOG: I sincerely hope this is one aspect of D&D that gets changed when 4th edition is finally released. The whole "100 gp to identify a magic item" thing is the stupidest rule out there. The whole game is based entirely around getting better, badder, and more magic items to equip your character with, but they make you go through all these hoops just to do it. Hopefully it'll now just come down to spellcraft checks (which is what it should be anyway). The fact that it costs more to identify certains items than they are actually worth is just ridiculous. /endrant

Rhun

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
/rant: OOG: I sincerely hope this is one aspect of D&D that gets changed when 4th edition is finally released. The whole "100 gp to identify a magic item" thing is the stupidest rule out there. The whole game is based entirely around getting better, badder, and more magic items to equip your character with, but they make you go through all these hoops just to do it. Hopefully it'll now just come down to spellcraft checks (which is what it should be anyway). The fact that it costs more to identify certains items than they are actually worth is just ridiculous. /endrant

I actually have my own house rule for this, since I hate the whole paying to get your items identified, too:

If you have the ability to cast Detect Magic and you have ranks in Spellcraft, you can attempt to identify magical items. This process is modified from the Maester Prestige Class in the Complete Adventurer.

By spending an hour handling and examining an item and making a successful Spellcraft check (DC10 + item's caster level), you can determine the magical properties of a magic item. You cannot Take 10 or Take 20 on this check, but you can try again, though each attempt take one hour.

Remove ads