TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

If only it had came to pass, oh how I cvan imagine it.
Ken

Col_Pladoh said:
:lol:

As an historical aside that has never been mentioned before, I wanted TSR to merge with GW, that enterprise getting a quarter interest in the new enterprise formed from merging the two companies, but Ian and Steve were charry of the Blumes. I couldn't come right out and say that I would surely vote with them against my erstwhile partners, so there went that.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Joseph Elric Smith said:
If only it had came to pass, oh how I cvan imagine it.
Ken
Indeed Ken...

I was sorry that didn't happen. I suppose i might have leveled with Ian and Steve in regards to my concerns to the capacity of Brian and Kevin to continue to run TSR, but I was too loyal to do so. When those two sold out to Lorraine Williams, I truly regreted my decision :\

Cheers,
Gary

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:
Indeed Ken...

I was sorry that didn't happen. I suppose i might have leveled with Ian and Steve in regards to my concerns to the capacity of Brian and Kevin to continue to run TSR, but I was too loyal to do so. When those two sold out to Lorraine Williams, I truly regreted my decision :\

Cheers,
Gary
No good deed goes unpunished, eh?

Well despite the mishandling in the 80's, I've still enjoyed your creations. No matter what *could* have happened, I know what *did* happen: me and countless others enjoy your work greatly.

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
:As an historical aside that has never been mentioned before, I wanted TSR to merge with GW, that enterprise getting a quarter interest in the new enterprise formed from merging the two companies, but Ian and Steve were charry of the Blumes. I couldn't come right out and say that I would surely vote with them against my erstwhile partners, so there went that.

Cheers,
Gary

In the words of the Black Adder: "Oh, bugger."

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
No good deed goes unpunished, eh?

Well despite the mishandling in the 80's, I've still enjoyed your creations. No matter what *could* have happened, I know what *did* happen: me and countless others enjoy your work greatly.
Actually,

That is why I kept on creating after the sordid business at TSR, and am still at it to as great an extent as I can manage. I too am a gamer :lol:

cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
In the words of the Black Adder: "Oh, bugger."

Gray Mouser
Gotta love Black Adder :D

I actually told Ian Livingston about the reason for my plan, but that was long after he and Steve had left GW. Ian said had he known my reasoning, had my assurances, he and Steve would have agreed.

Oh, bugger :confused:

Gary

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Gotta love Black Adder :D

Heh, my online game sometimes reminds me of the illustrious (mis)adventures of the Black Adder. Of course, they don't need Baldric, being quite capable of pulling off both the coniving and the misfortune on their own :D

Gray Mouser

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
Heh, my online game sometimes reminds me of the illustrious (mis)adventures of the Black Adder. Of course, they don't need Baldric, being quite capable of pulling off both the coniving and the misfortune on their own :D

Gray Mouser
Heh-heh,

Quite a typical lot then, eh? the beauty of having a good droup is that on any given day at least one of the bunch will have the good sense to avoid the disastrous, thus manage to keep the campaign going. Having been the one leading to misadventure not a few times, i really do apreciate my fellow players intervention at such times :eek:

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads