TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Deogolf

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Actually, the situation and players' PCs' reactions to it tend to get the characters into trouble--usually despite sometimes obvious warnings of some sort, veiled usually, from me. as the GM. Of course, in the role of an adversarial NPC of any type I am likely doing my best to bring them to grief.

The outstanding instances of that, including my own PCs' gaffs, have been pretty well covered in the Dragon magazine column.

The veterans of my LA game group are likely to hang their heads if asked what happened to them in the "Gmome Maze' when adventuring in The Hermit module. They lost a lot of good Avatars there, and all because of being thoughtless. spoiled my night too, for that ended play in the setting :\

Cheers,
Gary

:confused: :p :p :p

serleran

First Post
The Trolls were delighted with how the gathering went, and the next LGGC is going to be held in early June next year, possibly with a second one following in the early autumn.

Now that is good news, Gary. Veyr happy that the mini-con went over so well.

At some point in your gaming lifetime, have you fleshed out, played through, or otherwise used each of the 1001 adventures in Volume I of Castle Zagyg?

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
serleran said:
Now that is good news, Gary. Veyr happy that the mini-con went over so well.
The event was great fun, and all there that have communicated with me agree it was so :D

At some point in your gaming lifetime, have you fleshed out, played through, or otherwise used each of the 1001 adventures in Volume I of Castle Zagyg?
I am a devoted gamer and dedicated creative guy, but no. I haven't had time to play out all of those adventures.

As a matter of fact I have created two new ones along the Menhir gills road for the LA game group of Avatars I have playing in the Yggsburgh setting. (They played C&C game PCs in some early tests, and not I want to use the system I like best, so we've switched to the LA game.)

The team is currently in the throes of combat with a brangle of hill trollkin, some 300 or more of them, and things don't look too good as their newly-formed company of infantry spearmen have taken heavy losses and would break if not surrounded by the enemy. There is hope if they play their Avatars well, and the Noble and Enchanter Order PCs show up and perform as they ought to. We shall see on Thursday night...

Cheers,
Gary

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Col_Pladoh said:
The event was great fun, and all there that have communicated with me agree it was so :D
Yep. I had a great time, and plan on attending as many LGGCs in the future as I can. Good call on the June date, that will certainly make it easier for me to attend, given that I am very busy during the months of July and August.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
francisca said:
Yep. I had a great time, and plan on attending as many LGGCs in the future as I can. Good call on the June date, that will certainly make it easier for me to attend, given that I am very busy during the months of July and August.
Great :D

The Trolls are looking at an October date for a second con, maybe one with military miniatures included...

cheers,
Gary

Deogolf

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Better show up for the game on Thursday, or else your Avatar might becme Trollkin food :eek:

Heh,
Gary

Aye-Aye, Captain!

I will be there! As some say, "God willing and the creek don't rise!!"

John

Rakin

First Post
I'm in need of a pity party so I'm going to post this thing I wrote here. If it annoys anyone please please ignore it. Also, I don't know why I picked this thread, I've been keeping up with it for some time now, thats the only guess I can come up with..:\

I play D&D or maybe I should say I played D&D. I feel that I’m stuck in a void in the world of gaming, stuck in an empty nothing between the hardcore gamer kiddies and the infinite knowledge and experience of the old gamers of the world. I need some great new D&D friends, ones that want to make memories, ones that want to take gamming seriously and live out an adventure through their characters, people that want to put feeling, passion, and emotion into their gamming experience. Do these people exist? Are there more people than the ones that want to make the strongest instead of the interesting? Are there people that want more than to just show off that they know more and that they’re the best? Are there people that want to do more than just sit around giggling, not knowing what’s going on that will actually imagine the D&D presented to them? Are there people that want their gamming make them want to sometimes cheer, or sometimes cry or sometimes feel guilty? Are there people that want to bring their character to life and give them a well rounded personality, with flaws and quirks, and more than one side, someone that might not always do the same thing in every situation but keeping in mind where the character’s heart is? Are there people that aren’t showoffs? Are there people that aren’t afraid to act out their character instead of the character acting out the player? Are there people that aren’t afraid to open their hearts and stop being shy and aren’t afraid to try things? Are there people out there that I can relate to? I hope so…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads