TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

tylerthehobo

Explorer
mordelack said:
More Gord is on the way as soon as Gary checks his email and reads a revised version it!

Then once he works a bit more of his magic on the yarn a printed version might soon follow.

<snip>
K.R.Bourgoine

NICE! I still remember flipping through my brother's gord books as a kid...awesome...

Thurbane

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Wait, what? There was no chariot, no dragon, and no dragon-rider on the cover of Saga of Old City! And there was no Cataboligne and no blue glow on the cover of Artifact of Evil!

I'm looking at my copy of Saga of Old City right now, and nary a chariot nor a dragon to be seen - it's Gord facing off against a blue-glowy Cataboligne!

-Hyp.
I used to have a poster of that somewhere... :)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Voadam said:
I'm sure there are also plenty of opportunities for Gord to enter demiplanes or such at various points in his career, planes where time does not pass the same and creatures within do not age.

There is, after all, a literary tradition of people entering timeless fey domains for long periods of time only to emerge and find that only a night has passed.
That is so. Following fays into their passage under a rock brings one to fairyland where the beautiful females beguile one.

:lol:
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
FATDRAGONGAMES said:
Sad, but true. I fear the damage will be far worse this time around.
I do concur. I have been harping on this for a couple of years now on both my talk lists.

Sadly, politics are forbidden here :\

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Gray Mouser said:
Hmmm, I thought polytheists and pantheists were supposed to be more accepting of diversity than monotheists. Yet another shattered presumption! :(

;)

BTW, wasn't there at one point a Part XIII to this Q&A thread? What everhappened to old number 13? Is it now defunct?

Gray Mouser
the Romans were generally tolerant, but they found the Druidical religion so abhorrant as to exterminate it... more totally than they did the Cartheginian one.

When these boards crashed many months back a thread was totally zapped. Perhaps it was Part XIII. I don't remember that clearly.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
HeavenShallBurn,

The short answer is that the Romans did not approve of human sacrifices to gods, despite their incredible barbarity in regards to the shows held in the coliseum.

Thanks for the good words regarding my S&S yarns :)

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mordelack said:

Perhaps Gord vs. Drizzt in Act I, Gord vs. Raistlin in Act II, and Gord vs. Elminster in Act III?
Just kidding! Seriously, just kidding. No really, I mean it, it was only a joke, no such book will come to light.

K.R.Bourgoine
:mad:

Anyone care to step up and take Bourgine's place as my co-author?

:lol: :p :lol:
Gary

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Heh, I remember reading somewhere that shortly after TSR asked Mark Antony to write a Drzzt novel, R. A. Salvatore sent them a short story wherin Drizzt trips over his shoelaces, falls in a pit, breaks both legs, and dies from exposure. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads