TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
:D

Slightly revised. I wanted to remove all the unnecessary violence and replace it with negotiation, acceptance of diversity, Gord hiring lawyers to avoid legal troubles, and peace at any price :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Neville Chamberlain would be proud of you! :D

SuStel

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
My PCs and their companions are always seeking to clean subterranean places...of valuables as well as those creatures that think to guard them :lol:

Now, now. We don't call them "creatures." We call them "persons of differing genetics."

SuStel said:
That gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "dungeon clean-up crew!"

Long ago, I had a dungeon in an old mine. At the mine entrance, the local authorities had put up a sign saying that the mine was unsafe and entry was prohibited. ;)

wildwood72

First Post
dcas said:
Not according to his web site.

It appears that the cover of Saga of Old City is copyright WOTC:
http://www.clydecaldwell.com/large_images/saga_of_old_city.html

*nod* The art (or pieces of it, at any rate) were re-used by TSR in several products, most notably as the art for more Spellfire card game cards than you might think possible (Gord was used as an image of a hero, the chariot for a spell, the green dragon as a monster card, unknown dragon rider/Robliar? was enlarged and used as another champion, etc. - I think 7 or 8 cards were illustrated from that 1 painting). The same was done to the cover art of Artifact of Evil (most notably, the blue glow around the Cataboligne demon was used as the illustration for a faerie fire spell card, IIRC).

gideon_thorne

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
:heh:

Noppers, although sadly two of his fellow artists that worked at TSR have passed on. What made me add that I can not say :confused:

Cheers,
Gary

Because they were your friends? And its always a splendid tribute to remember ones friends kindly. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads