A Merc's Life [OOC 02]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
that surge \has been moving for several days now. That is what I am saying. hardly north of N.O. and it is still trying to make its way down there.

During the flood of '93 there would be a surge in KC and it would be at the boot heel within 36 hours.

Leif

Adventurer
that surge has been moving for several days now. That is what I am saying. hardly north of N.O. and it is still trying to make its way down there.

During the flood of '93 there would be a surge in KC and it would be at the boot heel within 36 hours.
Jonesboro is about 20 miles from the southern tip of the bootheel. Luckily, it's on a ridge, though.

Scotley

Hero
Hey renau1g, no offense to your swanky new ride (I am envious), but isn't an Enclave a place? Seems like a funny name for something you use to get around in. What do I know, my ride's name isn't even a real word, and they don't make them anymore.

I really wish I had the 42k to spring for a new Boss 302 Mustang.

renau1g

First Post
Enclave - A portion of territory within or surrounded by a larger territory whose inhabitants are culturally or ethnically distinct. Maybe the road is the larger territory? Yeah, I got nothing.

Funny enough, the Buick Lacrosse is called the Buick Allure here in Canada because "la crosse" means 'self love' in Quebec French slang. Whoops...

Like the Chevy Nova. GM's not known for their terrific names. Nothing iconic like the Mustang.

Edit: One thing Scotley, you mention that you really wish you had $42k for that car? Are you not an American? You do the reputation a disservice. Why don't you just borrow the money against your mortgage (even better if you have an interest only one) and then you get to write off the interest against your taxes. Everyone wins :)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Enclave - A portion of territory within or surrounded by a larger territory whose inhabitants are culturally or ethnically distinct. Maybe the road is the larger territory? Yeah, I got nothing.

Its a rolling man cave guys! Dont ya get it?

My wheels are the same as a super cool RPG :D (Nissan) Pathfinder.

Leif

Adventurer
I'm kinda partial to my Hyundai Santa Fe. Guess that's why I picked it out and bought it, huh? But I still think the name of the make looks like it ought to be pronounced "Huh-Yoon-Die."

Remove ads