pneumatik's WotBS 3: Shelter from the Storm

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

The elven telepath turns to the two witches in the boat, her mind focused on them. An energy missile, crafted from freezing cold, races towards them and strikes them both.

OOC: 5- ft. step away from W3 to the north, manifest Energy Missile with 5 PP (Fort DC 17 for half damage) against W1 and W2.

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros releases Torrent as soon as she seems to have regained her senses. Then he sees Hollister burn away the mist to reveal their foes! Liiros cries out "You have been warned!" and begins to step around Torrent to go after one of the unusual humanoids......but finds his motions unusually sluggish, and cannot fathom why.....some witchcraft or another, surely!

Still, the elven knight trudges forward to smack one of the approaching foes with his shield, but it is an agonizingly slow assault now....... "Cuuurrrssse.....yyoouuu....!" he mutters.
[sblock=ooc]Rolled an 11 for my Will save against Slow, but I'll use my Zealous Surge for the day to re-roll that save.
1d20+3=11
Re-roll is a 15 and still fails. -_- I really need to find a way to bolster my Will saves appreciably.....
1d20+3=15

By this point, Liiros' maneuvers would've cycled back, so...... Granted maneuvers are #2, 3, and 1, Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer, and Bonecrusher.
1d5=2, 1d5=3, 1d5=2, 1d5=1, 1d5=5, 1d5=5

Liiros takes a 5-foot step towards whatever foe he can reach.....if any.......there's no current map posted so I have no idea where the enemies are positioned. Since he's Slowed, Liiros will initiate Mountain Hammer with a shield bash.
1d20+7=15, 1d4+1+2d6=7
.........A 15 to-hit, for 7 damage. Why is Liiros utterly incompetent even when I switch dicerollers? -_- Also, I forgot to factor in Slow's -1 penalty on the roll, so it's actually a 14 to-hit.....

In any case, keep Iron Guard's Glare in mind if any monsters attack Liiros' allies while Liiros threatens them in melee......not that it's likely to matter with Liiros slowed down.

Liiros' Status:
Current Effects: Slow
HP 39 / 39, Nonlethal 0
AC 16 after shield bash, Touch 10, Flat-Footed 15 after shield bash
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Bonecrusher, Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer EXPENDED
Ready Maneuvers: Bonecrusher (1), Crusader's Strike (2), Mountain Hammer (3), Shield Block (4), Stone Bones (5)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration
Other Stuff: Low-Light Vision, immune to magical sleep effects, +2 on saves against Enchantment effects, Furious Counterstrike (1-9: +1; 10-14: +2), Steely Resolve 10, Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge 1/day USED, Extra Granted Maneuver, Vital Recovery (8 HP) 1/encounter[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Shaylir speaks soothingly to the large crocodile lashing at Hollister. It settles into the water and lurks quietly with just its eyes above the surface.

Hollister moves and targets the boat with a fiery burst. When it clears the face-down woman hasn't moved and the standing one is barely any more injured than before.

Lytha's astral construct appears and swipes at the witch {W3} with its hooked limbs. It hits and grabs the witch around the leg and tugs but the witch doesn't budge.

Lytha herself shoots bolts of frozen energy at the two witches in the boat. The unmoving one {W1} remains still and the other {W2} looks a little frostburn but is still up.

Slow as molasses, Liiros moves over to the witch attack Lytha.

Torrent eyes the witch {W2} in the boat carefully. When she starts to cast a spell Torrent casts one of her own. A blast of noise explodes next to the witch, stunning her and disrupting her spellcasting.

The witch who attacked Lytha {W3} swings her dagger at Liiros but misses.

That's the round. Everyone go again.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry it took too long to post the previous map. Hopefully the same thing won't happen in this post - the map should be attached.

The brown-ish box around W2 is the boat she's in.

W3 and the astral construct are yellow just for clarity's sake. It was hard to read black letters over the darker bushes.

Since there were no enemies around Liiros I had him move to the only remaining melee threat. Feel free to roll again on your turn with whatever maneuver he wants to use.[/sblock]

Attachments

• swamp fight - end of round 4.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Feel the burn," says Hollister, sending another burst of flames exploding across the boat containing the two witches. As the flames diminish, the wizard moves back toward his companions.

AC16, HP 26/26

Fiery burst against W1 and W2 (5' burst radius): 3rd level fire spell ready (3d6 damage): Damage xx, reflex save vrs DC 16 for 1/2 damage. Move to M11.

Mage Armor (duration 10 hours) in effect.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Grease, Shield + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust + (d) Scorching Ray
- Level 3: Fireball, Stinking Cloud + (d) Fireball[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“I can do that again,” Lytha warns, but assuming the witches won't retreat, anyways, she just fires another frosty bolt at them.

Meanwhile, the astral construct continues to attack the third witch.

OOC: Manifest another Energy Missile with 5 PP (Fort DC 17 for half damage) against W1 and W2.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I feel like I'm moving through tree sap. What's wrong with me?" Shaylir asks not knowing what is effecting her so.

"Please Green Man help me and my friends defeat these... these meanies."
She prays looking to the sky. A blast of blueish holy light escapes from the little priestess and emboldens her and the rest of the group.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: none allowed
Standard: Cast bless
Free: Speak
Conditions: slowed, blessed[/sblock]
[sblock=stats]
HP: 31/31
AC: 19
Init: +3
Fort: +8
Reflex: +5
Will: +9(+10 vs fear)

Dagger = +4 to hit, (+2 BAB, +1 size) - 1d3/19-20x2

Spells:
Druid
0- Create Water (2/2), Guidance, Detect Magic
1- Calm Animals, Cure Light Wounds (2/2) - 1d8+4
2- Hold Animal, Bull's Strength, Cure Light Wounds - 1d8+4

Cleric
0- Mending, Resistance, Read Magic, Light
1- Shield of Faith,Bless,Protection from Evil, Cure Light Wounds(d)- 1d8+3

Pearl of power (1st lvl): unused
Turn undead: 4/4
Speak with Animals: 1/1
Vow of Healing: 4/4 [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Liiros Tivaniel

Liiros grits his teeth and, still moving at half the speed he's used to, tries to bring his shield slamming down upon the witch's skull or collarbone with devastating force......

"Diiiee, wweeenncch!" he snarls out slowly.
[sblock=ooc]Rolled a 3, 5, and 2 for granted maneuver, so Stone Bones since #3 was already granted.
1d5=3, 1d5=3, 1d5=5, 1d5=2

Liiros initiates a Bonecrusher strike against the witch using his shield bash again. Maintaining Iron Guard's Glare. The witch must attempt a Fortitude save, DC 15, and if it fails then Bonecrusher gives +10 on all rolls to confirm critical hits against her until she's fully healed. Dunno if the witch has any DR, but Liiros' shield isn't magical or anything.

Liiros' Status:
Current Effects: Slow, Bless
HP 39 / 39, Nonlethal 0
AC 16 after shield bash, Touch 10, Flat-Footed 15 after shield bash
Active Stance: Iron Guard's Glare
Granted Maneuvers: Bonecrusher, Crusader's Strike, Mountain Hammer EXPENDED, Stone Bones
Ready Maneuvers: Bonecrusher (1), Crusader's Strike (2), Mountain Hammer (3), Shield Block (4), Stone Bones (5)
* Maneuvers are numbered alphabetically for rolling granted inspiration
Other Stuff: Low-Light Vision, immune to magical sleep effects, +2 on saves against Enchantment effects, Furious Counterstrike (1-9: +1; 10-14: +2), Steely Resolve 10, Indomitable Soul, Zealous Surge 1/day USED, Extra Granted Maneuver, Vital Recovery (8 HP) 1/encounter[/sblock]

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Forced to move slowly, Shaylir can only manage to ask the Green Man to bless the party.

Hollister moves back and blasts the witches in the boat with fire again. The boat itself, though clearly having seen better days, may no longer be swampworthy. It's covered in scorch marks and may have sprung a leak.

Lytha follows up as well, blasting the two in the boat with missiles of freezing cold. Her astral construct takes a swipe at the other witch {W3} but misses.

Lytha and Hollister, both experts in their respective elements (magical and classical), believe that the witch in the boat has some sort of resistance to their attacks.

Liiros smashes the witch he's fighting with his shield. It's a brutal yes surprisingly complicated move that throws her off-balance.

Torrent draws her battleaxe and moves over to the witch in melee {W3}. He movements are unnaturally slow.

The witch on the island {W3} stabs Liiros in the side. The blade plunges deep but misses any vital organs.

The witch on the boat {W2} stares off into space, stunned by Torrent's sound burst.

That's the round. Everyone goes now.

[sblock=ooc]New map should be attached.

Sorry to Lytha and Hollister if you think they should have noticed the cold and fire resistance one round earlier. I kinda forgot that they could notice it until I wondered why they were attacking with the same energy this round. Either way that witch is not going well.[/sblock]

Attachments

• swamp fight - end of round 5.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lytha

“Let's see, if this works better,” Lytha says, mainly addressing Hollister, as she concentrates to manifest another bolt of energy, this time cracking with lightning.

The astral construct takes a long swipe at the witch again.

OOC: Manifest another Energy Missile (lightning) with 5 PP (Ref DC 19 for half damage) against W1 and W2.

Rhun

First Post
Realizing that the witch must have enacted some sort of defense versus his flames, Hollister loads a bolt into his crossbow, takes aim, and fires at the witch.

AC16, HP 26/26

5' step to N12, Light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20)

Mage Armor (duration 10 hours) in effect.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]- Level 0: Detect Magic x2, Light x2 + (d) Flare
- Level 1: Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Grease, Shield + (d) Burning Hands
- Level 2: Web, Resist Energy, Flaming Sphere, Glitterdust + (d) Scorching Ray
- Level 3: Fireball, Stinking Cloud + (d) Fireball[/sblock]

Remove ads