[Adventure] Dungeons and Them (DM:johnmeier1, judge:????)

pacdidj

First Post
"Hmm...," says Auntie Mab eying the door. "I've got a bad feeling about that door dearie, my um, arcane senses tell me it might be rigged to slam. I wouldn't want you to get your fingers hurt. Tell you what. We'll just send Tristram in, he's small enough that he shouldn't trigger the trap, and even if he does he can just slip back through the bars."

"Tristram, love,"
Mab says, poking her pocket to rouse her familiar. "Be a dear and go fetch those gold coins for Auntie and her friends would you?"

The brown rat gives a grudging, *Meep,* and hops down out of Mab's pocket. He scurries through the bars of the cell, rather than the doorway, and approaches the glittering pile cautiously, wary of any traps he might spring. His sleepy eyes and nose don't detect anything, so he obligingly starts ferrying the gold pieces, as many as he can carry at a time back to Mab.

Tristram's Thievery check (1d20+18=19)

[sblock=stat block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 7
PC:Auntie Mab (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Conditions:
none
Passive Perception:
21, Passive Insight: 19, Init: +7
AC:
21, Fort: 18, Reflex: 22, Will: 19 Speed: 6
HP: 56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points:
1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Distance Dagger +9 vs AC, 1d4+1 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Distance Dagger +14 vs AC, 1d4+6 dmg, Range 10/20
Powers-
Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands, Chameleon

Heroic Effort, Eyebite, King's Castle, Fleeting Spirit Strike, Snap Shot
Blinding Barrage, Bloodbath

Prison of Salzacas, Steadfast Amulet, Cannith Goggles
Combat notes:
+1 to all defenses vs. traps, 2d8+1 extra damage against targets Mab has CA against on light blade weapon attacks, scores critical hits against demons on a roll of 19-20

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP:
1/1; AC: 21, Fort: 17, Ref: 21, Will: 18
Skills:
+18 Thievery, +24 Stealth

OOC: Map updated. Tristram can carry and manipulate objects up to 2 pounds, so he should be able to carry out the coins in batches. Totally botched his thievery check, but if he trips anything, the rest of us should be safely out of harm's way.

johnmeier1

Explorer
As Tristram carries the few gold pieces from the pile out, the rest of the group searches the few other unexplored areas of the room, avoiding the traps Auntie Mab indicated. There is only one large, closed wooden door at the far end of the room leading out.

OOC: Nothing left to uncover in this room. I can NPC Devinihm, but I will actually be traveling starting Thursday June 23rd until June 30th. I may have little contact OR lots (due to free time. Please continue this great RP and action!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante walks to the center of the room and picks up his sunrod and moves towards the door.

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Even the tables are against our quest! Draglin shouts. Yelping in pan. Have at thee, dark table! he says, slashing it to pieces. Never again shall thee attack one again!

Stand aside, Draglin shall find the traps for you. He announces, moving up to the door and poking it with his sword. Careful, it may strike at any moment!
OOC: Map updated. Double move OK?

johnmeier1

Explorer
The table, already decrepit with age and disarmed by Auntie Mab, shatters at Draglin's attack. His shouts reverberate in the small room, but the door does nothing when poked.

OOC: Heh, what a group :) Alright, you can TRY to open the door. Or you can just stand and look at it.

dimsdale

First Post
Max follows in the path of destruction created by the dragonborn. The warlord chuckles to himself. This guy grows on you after awhile.

ooc: movement updated on map

Remove ads