[Adventure] Rage of the Savage Lands (DM: Dekana, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Dekana

Explorer
Damen reaches behind him and pulls out some notes from a bag that is not his. Probably magical.
OOC: See if Toeto's notes (if any) say anything more.

Damen doesn't find a diary or any helpful notes in Toeto's belongings (except the map, as little help as that is). The shaman did have a prayerbook to Dayna, the woodland goddess. Flipping through it, he sees that there are a few underlined sentences, every one of which concerns either madness or disease. The underlining stops only a few pages into the book, suggesting that Toeto either gave up or ran out of time after starting the task.

You also notice that Toeto's ritual book has a Delay Affliction spell inscribed in it.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
A frown furrows Damen's pleasant features. She may have been sicker longer than we thought too. he flips open the ritual book to show the Delay Affliction ritual while he digs around for any reagents, expecting to find none. He also flaps the map at the priest. Know anything about this area?

Dekana

Explorer
Damen's finds none of the components needed for Healing ritual magic among Toeto's things.

Dieter looks at the map for a few moments before saying dryly, "I especially like the lizardman stabbing a person at the bottom. Charming. Anyway, it seems to match what little we know about the area. Not many leave the safety of the walls these days. The lizards come from the north, and there is a spider infested forest west of that. I don't know what creature in the eastern mountains is supposed to be; it looks like a dragon or something."

I spoke with Toeto on the ship regarding the ritual she aimed to create. She said she might be able to slow the progression, but to find a cure she'd need either the source of the disease or a sickened lizardfolk.

Yishim shrugs. I don't think she meant herself.

He asks to see the ritual book, and attempts to evaluate whether the ritual therein can be of any help to her. Arcana 14 crit miss.

I can't make anything of it. I do think heading to lizardfolk realm might be our best bet. Toeto thought she might get guidance from teh spirits there.

Velmont

First Post
Jarel-karn grab the ritual book. "Think out of the box. I doubt she would have written a whole ritual already. But she might have gathered many ritual with some particular pattern. Let's me see it."

Dekana

Explorer
The ritual book contains Animal Messenger (Nature), Bloom (Nature), Comrades' Succor (Heal), Delay Affliction (Heal), Speak with Nature (Nature).

Jarel-karn supposes that Toeto would have tried to combine the Bloom and Delay Affliction magic to create a new ritual as a cure. The creation of a ritual is a tricky task; she probably wanted to find the source of the plague or a lizardfolk victim so she could create a narrowly tailored (and therefore easier) ritual. Something that could only cure lizardfolks of this specific plague.

Yishim might try the same task, but he doesn't think would succeed without significant knowledge of healing (which he doesn't have).

OOC: You can use the ritual book if you'd like. Toeto will probably want it back if she ever recovers.

Last edited:

Remove ads