Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Yttermayn

First Post
So anyway, Scotley, Mowgli, Red Knight, Kaodi, Scott DeWar, Helfdan is the party for this L10 game, isn't it? Any ideas about what sort of game you guys would like to have, or are you going to leave those details up to my "tender mercies?"

Sorry for the old quote, but I had 2cp to throw in: I detest city adventures. So I'm glad it sounds like there will be lots of travel, that's great. I like above ground wilderness type stuff, even if my char isn't exactly at home there.

Also..., I think I'll shorten it to Sozin. I find the first syllable awkward.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I detest city adventures. Also..., I think I'll shorten it to Sozin. I find the first syllable awkward.
So noted, but I don't mind the occasional city adventure, myself, if done properly, which they usually aren't.

You know, probably not a long, drawn-out affair, but rather a brief vignette most often done as the beginning and/or ending of an otherwise more conventional adventure.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
I'm happy to report that I have definite seeds forming for the basis of the Quest for our Knights. It probably won't be what you may be thinking, but it should serve pur purposes admirably.

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Leif's "Questing Knights" - L10 PFDR-RPG - OOC [Game Full]

So noted, but I don't mind the occcasional city adventure, myself, if done properly, which they usually aren't.

You know, probably not a long, drawn-out affair, but rather a brief vignette most often done as the beginning and/or ending of an otherwise more conventional adventure.

I've been known to enjoy the ocasional City adventuring... Specially if I get to be a constable... ;)

Leif

Adventurer
I've been known to enjoy the ocasional City adventuring... Specially if I get to be a constable... ;)
On behalf of myself and my co-DM Scotley, THANK YOU for that, Helfdan.

Most RPGers that I know find the City State of the Invincible Overlord to be a good adventuring environment, and that's the goal toward which I strive.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ero's left with a hair over 118 GP, so he's not got much to contribute.

Ero's born and raised in the Free City of Greyhawk. He might know Yurei through moving in some of the same circles for research, and it's possible he's been a member of some of the caravans Yurei or the others have served as guards. Also, "birds of a feather" might come into play for Ero, Yurei and the FtbNL (Fetchling to be Named Later) - outsiders may have bonded at least superficially due to their treatment at the hands of others.

Curse-wise, Ero's too . . . absent minded? . . . to be worried about a curse most of the time. He is extremely motivated by his thirst for knowledge. Possibly this multi-part item is rumored to be a key component for his research, a philosopher's stone, etc.

@Scott DeWar I can live with being waylaid by ogres. Looks like Yttermayn's character and Hraln will have already met up by that point now as well, so perhaps we should drop the dreaming element and keep it as just a kind of chance encounter.

Kaodi, It looks like [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] was in Grayhawk area and may have crossed paths with the Ronin Knight J.Klause as well.

me said:
In the early years of his rebirth he traveled far and wide, first accross the gnarly forest to put distance between he and his past, around and about the domain of gray hawk .. .. .. ..

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
By the way [MENTION=6705220]Red Knight[/MENTION], I would go with the serious for my vote. Just need to make sure I have left that much on my goofy self.

Yttermayn

First Post
Re: Leif's "Questing Knights" - L10 PFDR-RPG - OOC [Game Full]

Kaodi, what level were Hraln and Sozin when they joined the group of travelers? Lower levels works better for me if it hasn't been determined yet. Also, I can't seem to find the background you wrote that you spoke of earlier. Would you repost please?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Kaodi

Hero
I figure Hraln would have joined at "0th-Level" . I imagine Sozin may have joined around 1st or 2nd, though I do not know whether you would have joined before or after him. Hraln would have been from an a community where it would be extraordinary to find anyone as exotic as a fetchling. Here is the original background post (all menions of Fharlanghn can now be replaced with Desna):

[sblock=Hraln's Background, First Draft]Hraln was a simple man with his heart set on seeing the world. Born on the frontier between Nyrond and the Great Kingdom of Northern Aerdy he learned first hand how difficult it could be to travel the roads during times of conflict. One always risked bandit attacks, or worse, encountering marauders. Had he not been taken under the wing of a band of roving priests of Fharlanghn, his life may have turned out very differently.

With the protection of the priests, a young Hraln was able to see much of the Southeastern Flanaess. He learned how to watch his back in the wild, and became a good judge of what fellow travellers could be trusted. And when he too heard the call of the Dweller on the Horizon, the priests provided for his instruction in defence and combat, as well as the core concepts of divine magic.

The travelling priests had a habit of helping out those along the road, and unfortunately there came a day when sinister forces under the sway of one of the less savory gods had decided this behaviour was not to their liking. Hraln and his mentors were travelling and tending to a group of refugees when they were attacked. Despite putting up fierce resistance, they were almost slain to a man, refugees included.

By chance Hraln and one of the more elderly priests had been away from the camp at the time. When they heard the din of combat, the young man was ready to charge into the fray to fight alongside his friends. But the elderly priest held him back, saying that it would do no good to get themselves killed. So instead they fled Westward.

When the two reached the sea, they found passage aboard a ship heading across to lands even further West. They escaped their pursuers, but the elderly priest became ill during the journey. By the time they reached their destination, it become clear that his travelling days were over. He insisted that Hraln continue his journey, and before the young man left he gave him much of what he still possessed before bidding him goodbye. Hraln would learn later that his friend and mentor had died not too long after settling down.

Hraln continued his journey travelling the many roads of the Flanaess. He became fully a man and in time was blessed by Fharlanghn with powers that would prove most useful, and a task as well, to be wary of those who take advantage of travellers and see that justice is visited upon them.

Though a simple man and not terribly handsome, Hraln managed to find some temporary companionship with people he travelled alongside and in places he visited. Perhaps his one great moral failing is that in always moving onward he rarely returns to places he has visited before and thus has probably left at least one or two children to grow up without knowing a father, if not more, from temporary liasons.

In any case, Hraln became known as a friend of travellers, creating something of a reputation for himself. Besides lending his skills in surviving the wilderness and in fending off hazards, he became a healer of those whom have been heavily burdened by the roads they travel. And many times over the years has he come upon the dead and dying for whom he sought vengeance. Roads travelled by the blessed wanderer became much safer for his efforts.

Just a few years ago something happened that changed things greatly for Hraln. Whether by chance or divine providence he received word of a priest of Fharlanghn who had been causing trouble for some in the central Flanaess, close to the Free City of Greyhawk. What was troubling though was that the priest matched the description of one of those he had travelled with many years ago. Hraln decided that he had to determine what was at the bottom of this, and set off to pursue the troublemaker.

They laid eyes upon each other first in Greyhawk, and recognition was instantaneous on both sides. A grand pursuit would ensue that took them out of Greyhawk and back into the lands of the East. But Hraln would run down his quarry in Nyrond, not far from where he had grown up. Confronting the man, Hraln learned that his friends had been betrayed to the raiders all those years ago by this very same man. He was a charlatan, not a priest at all, having been abandoned many years ago by their patron Fharlanghn. He begged Hraln for mercy, but even though Hraln's kind heart was tempted to give him mercy, he knew that he had been given his powers to ferret out unbelievers to visit the divine justice of their god upon this man before all others. Heart heavy with grief for his fallen teachers, he buried the man in an unmarked grave and left to head back West.

In the weeks afterwards Hraln came to the conclusion that his time alone was coming to an end. He needed to seek out people whom he could trust to share his journeys with, and to find some greater purpose to set themselves too. He would not abandon his ways, but there were many dangers in this world that one man, even one blessed by a god, could not overcome by himself. In his heart he felt that a great journey would lie ahead of them, something to put his mind to instead of betrayals of the past.[/sblock]

Remove ads