Pathfinder 1E Leif's Questing Knights - L10 Pfdr Rpg [OOC 01] [Full]

Lou

Explorer
Lou's proposed PC

After an email exchange with [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION], I have decided to post my character. Originally, he was intended to be an NPC who the PCs encountered from time to time. Now, he is submitted as a PC.

Dontrius was an above-average human boy with exceptional intelligence but low wisdom. He seemed to know things, but not when to act on that knowledge. His father got him the position of squire to a local lord and the boy showed much promise with the long sword. On an adventure investigating a reported monster in the swamp, Dontrius was struck by a magic spell, which seemed to awaken something inside him. Sorcerous powers started to develop. His combat skills increased with the use of the spells Mirror Strike and True Strike, which the boy could cast without training. The lord dismissed him and suggested that he find his way in the world elsewhere. While the lord was privately not displeased, his men were now afraid of Dontrius.

Being bullied and pushed out, Dontrius was making his way cross-country to return to his boyhood village, when he encountered a group of gnolls arguing in a clearing over a sword. After watching the scene for a time, Dontrius attacked from surprised, killing two and chasing the rest away. When he drew the sword, it was a black blade, which spoke to Dontrius, telling him that he needed to better himself by learning to merge his sword and spells.

Since then, Dontrius has wandered as a bladebound magus, searching for knowledge melding his sword with his new arcane spellcraft.

Leif

Adventurer
How about if all the players put the backgrounds for their characters, including past associations with other party members and how the group was formed, in [sblock=sblocks]sblocks[/sblock] in their individual RG posts. That would help me tremendously and allow me to easily find them all.

Oh, and great to see you here, Lou! Glad you dedcided to go the 'Full PC' route!

Last edited:

Helfdan

First Post
Eldran's background is in sblocks already, chief! :)
Just waiting for Red Knight to tell us his char's name to add a few lines.
Like I said before, the rest of the players should feel free to take a look, and see if sounds cool for their characters to have been in any of those battles/places I mentioned.
This goes specially for Scotley... ;)

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Re: Leif's "Questing Knights" - L10 PFDR-RPG - OOC [Game Full]

Mine's in sblocks too, though I'm not quite done writing it. The changes will be made in the RG thread.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2

Kaodi

Hero
[MENTION=31390]Yttermayn[/MENTION] Would it be problematic for you to age up your character somewhat? I could age mine down a fair bit from the current 37, but it might be difficult to reconcile their shared background if Sozin is just 20. I had imagined that Hraln would have joined the travelling Desnans around age 15-17, stayed in their company until 19-20, and then spent at least a decade after that on his own. If I brought Hraln down to 31, it would work out I think if Sozin is 33ish, which would mean according to the age charts for the ARG that he was old enough to have his first class level at the time of the marauders' attack. Fetchling adulthood is 20 compared to the human 15, and their middle age is 62 compared to the human 35, which would make Sozin still quite young for a fetchling at 33.

Leif

Adventurer
FWIW, I really have no interest in strictly enforcing the age categories for various races. As far as I'm concerned there can be individual variations of several years, maybe even more?

Kaodi

Hero
Okay. I updated my RG character with an altered version of his background that assumes Johann and Ero were travelling together when they met up with Hraln and Sozin in the fight against the giantkin. If this assumption was mistaken I can change it to just Johann.

Yttermayn

First Post
Re: Leif's "Questing Knights" - L10 PFDR-RPG - OOC [Game Full]

[MENTION=31390]Yttermayn[/MENTION] Would it be problematic for you to age up your character somewhat? I could age mine down a fair bit from the current 37, but it might be difficult to reconcile their shared background if Sozin is just 20. I had imagined that Hraln would have joined the travelling Desnans around age 15-17, stayed in their company until 19-20, and then spent at least a decade after that on his own. If I brought Hraln down to 31, it would work out I think if Sozin is 33ish, which would mean according to the age charts for the ARG that he was old enough to have his first class level at the time of the marauders' attack. Fetchling adulthood is 20 compared to the human 15, and their middle age is 62 compared to the human 35, which would make Sozin still quite young for a fetchling at 33.

Not a problem at all, I missed that detail. Hes probably in his 40s then by the sound of it. I'll work it in to the background. Im confused - was it ogres that attacked the trsvelling Desnan preists, or humans or what?
Helfdan, I was looking for something to occupy Sozin's timeline after the attack and before joining back up with Hraln. Having read your characters background, I may choose to flatter you by having Sozin involved in some of the same skirmishes Hawkshand was involved in. :) Might he have recalled a shadowy being flitting about and surreptitiously restoring the wounded? Could be fun rp to tell each other war stories from different perspectives.

Last edited:

Remove ads