The Walking Dead 4.10 "Inmates" (spoiler alert!)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Good show last night, with the focus on Daryl/Beth at first, then Tyreese, Mika and Lizzie and - surprise - Baby Judith. Carol comes to the rescue later when Tyreese goes to see if those screams were from somebody at the prison... awkward for Carol, but Tyreese doesn't know what she may have done. (I still think she's covering for Lizzie.) Odd, one of the guys that Tyreese tried to rescue mentioned Sanctuary if they just kept following the tracks. Daryl & Beth seem to find the renmants of Tyreese's near rescue and follow them.

Then, we had Sasha, Maggie and Bob finding the bus, which is now full of walkers. Did everybody from the prison get turned, or did they leave the bus? Maggie goes crazy in looking for Glenn.

Finally, we have Glenn awakening alone at the prison, on a roof with dozens of walkers reaching up to try to get him. He retreats inside and gets the riot gear, then finds Tara sealed off in a cage, and induces her to help him escape. They leave and get attacked again, with Tara killing the last few walkers as a military vehicle is there - and, out steps Abraham, Rosita and Eugene.

the-walking-dead-season-4-abraham-eugene-rosita.jpg

Ahnehnois

First Post
I was a tad disappointed to see Judith. Sounds terrible to say, but it sold the tone better to suggest that no one was safe. I guess they tried to make up for it by having her almost smothered to death by a little girl.

Glenn came out pretty strong.

This one was really well done. Surprised they managed to jungle so many storylines, withiut losing my interest in the shift (and i like how they linked). One of the better episodes of the show I've seen.

Janx

Hero
Isn't daryl going the wrong way?

When Daryl and Beth reach the tracks, there's zombies on their left. they kill the zombies in that direction, and then Daryl continues in that direction.

When Tyrese shows up (now in the past), he kills zombies on his left, and then is told to go up the tracks. He is shown heading to the right (relative to where he came off the trail).

Thus, Tyrese and Daryl are going opposite directions.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think it is beyond telegraphing at this point. Between the rabits and the baby, that kid is looking pretty messed up.

A number of people seemed to have missed the significance of the rabbits, probably because of the nonlinear storytelling.

Isn't daryl going the wrong way?

Okay, good. Someone else saw that, so I'm not crazy. Yes, the implication is that it'll be a while before Daryl gets back to the group.

A number of people seemed to have missed the significance of the rabbits, probably because of the nonlinear storytelling.

i can see how that would throw people. I have to say, i really like the non-linear approach of this episode. Don't think they should do it all the time but in this case it worked pretty well.

Okay, good. Someone else saw that, so I'm not crazy. Yes, the implication is that it'll be a while before Daryl gets back to the group.

I may have gotten the details wrong here, but i thought Daryl was following Michonne's tracks for some reason (seem to recall her passing through that area) and that he'd likely end up connecting with with her, rick and carl, while the others seem to be on a course for terminus.

Remove ads