Sailors on the Starless Sea

GlassEye

Adventurer
Halfway through the casting of her Second Sight spell two massive tentacles reach out and grasp the stern of the dragon-boat. The boat slows and stops as the creature below the surface holds it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Please RP for me. In Germany right now and internet at airport barely working. Better than what I had in last week which was non-existent internet. Should be back tonight.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Remembering the mural in one of the previous rooms with the robed man looking over the tentacle-filled water, Kurl pokes at Siva's pack and says in a panicked whisper, "Quick! Let us put on the cultist robes we had found! Perhaps if we look the part, the beast will leave us be!"

Kurl, Tender and Boral put on their particular robes.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kurl, Tender, and Boral struggle to get the robes and slip the moldering things over their clothes. It is a close thing, however: one of the tentacle comes snaking over the side of the ship reaching for Homer when the three finally get the robes on (though Kurl's robe loses a sleeve in the process). The tentacle halts just moments before curling its bulk around the halfling. It drops to the bottom of the boat at Tender's feet in what would appear to be some sort of obeisance. Then, as quickly as they appeared the tentacles slip into the water and disappear. The ship resumes its travel towards the dim light...

The island draws closer, revealing the source of the golden glow: a towering ziggurat, with burning light radiating from within the sliver-thin cracks between its massive stone blocks.

A wide ramp circles the edifice, sloping to the top of the temple. Hordes of beastmen crowd the ramp, howling to the darkness, hammering on massive hide drums and pushing a terrified string of prisoners to the ziggurat's glowing peak. High atop the temple, you can make out a fearsome silhouette of an enormous armored figure, wreathed in infernal smoke lit from below.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender wipes a large amount of sweat from his brow and says, "Kurl, you may be a strange one but I still want to purchase a flagon of beer or six for you when we make it out of this."

Boral nods in agreement. "But now we have to figure what to do about them. I don't think the direct approach will work for us."

doghead

thotd
Siva and Narančasta

The island draws closer, revealing the source of the golden glow: a towering ziggurat, with burning light radiating from within the sliver-thin cracks between its massive stone blocks.

A wide ramp circles the edifice, sloping to the top of the temple. Hordes of beastmen crowd the ramp, howling to the darkness, hammering on massive hide drums and pushing a terrified string of prisoners to the ziggurat's glowing peak. High atop the temple, you can make out a fearsome silhouette of an enormous armored figure, wreathed in infernal smoke lit from below.

Boral nods in agreement. "But now we have to figure what to do about them. I don't think the direct approach will work for us."

Narančasta gazes upon the ziggurat and the hordes of beastmen and sighs.

"I think that you are right," he responds to Boral. The idea of posing as chaos cultists leaves Narančasta with a sour taste in his mouth.

"There is a silk tabard somewhere as well as a gold censor. Kurl, do you feel up the role to head cultist?"

[sblock=OOC]So what happens with Siva's spell? The original question has somewhat been overtaken by events. Lose the spell? Reframe the question?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
So what happens with Siva's spell? The original question has somewhat been overtaken by events. Lose the spell? Reframe the question?

The question isn't framed until the spell has been cast so Siva could ask about something else. I did jump the gun a bit on describing the ziggurat. There would be a span of time between the tentacles halting the ship and then leaving and then the ship getting close enough to make out the happenings on the ziggurat. Enough time that Siva wouldn't be able to use the spell to ask about that with that casting. But, she could let the spell fade without finishing casting to no ill effect and then cast another spell later if she wishes. It is up to you.[/sblock]

Remove ads