[LPF] From Whence None Return

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

"OwwwwWWW!" Weel calls out as he falls down and falls heavily on multiple spikes. There is a wild chittering about him as he tries to regain his breath. He pushes himself up with a hiss and a wince.

"I definitely want to talk to whoever it is that doesn't understand how floors are supposed to work," he mutters, then examines his wounds. "And blood is supposed to stay on the inside. I'm sure I remember that much. Maui? Are you and kitty all right?"

The broad shouldered man finds himself momentarily distracted, however, as he glances away, adding. "It's not a soft landing, but you know, there's a hallway down here," he tells the others who haven't his ability to see in the dark.

[sblock=ooc]Two things:

- SK, Weel's HP went up when he levelled. I'm sorry, I forgot to mention it when he got approved and I updated his mini-stats. I think what I've got now should be correct from my reading on the damage.

- Is moving through the spikes simply difficult terrain, or does it require more Reflex saves to avoid further damage? If the latter, would Freedom of Movement mitigate that?

I'll hold off actual actions for Weel until I figure out how the spikes interact with movement.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Weel Naxel

Initiative: +1
AC: 21 (23 w/ Magic Vestment) Current: 23
HP:85 Current: 64
Senses: Perception 6, Sense Motive 2
CMB: +11 CMD: 22 Fort: +7
Reflex: +6
Will: +8
Spell Resistance: 14 vs. evil descriptor / evil outsiders

Conditions:
* Magic Vestment (8 hours)
* Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
* Lead Blades (8 minutes), damage bump to 3d6 on Greatsword

In Hand: Iron Weapon (Greatsword)

Common Attacks:

(Cold) Iron Weapon Options Attack: +12/+07 = [BAB (06/01) + STR (05) + Enhance (01)]
Damage (Greatsword): 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2, S
Damage (Halberd): 1d10+8, Crit: x3, P or S, brace, trip
Damage (Earthbreaker): 2d6+8, Crit: x3, B
Damage (Lucerne Hammer): 1d12+8, Crit: x2, B or P, brace, reach

Conditional: -2/+4 (+6 2H) Power Attack
Furious Focus negates 1st attack penalty for 2H
+1 attack if moving at least 10' during turn

Iron Weapon (9 minutes, +1 cold iron): 5/6 Remaining
Bracer auto take 10: 1/1 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Spark, Stabilize
1st (5/7 remaining)(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Lead Blades, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Sun Metal
2nd (7/7 remaining)(DC 15): Align Weapon, Cure Moderate Wounds, Grace, Groundswell, Heat Metal, Levitate, Make Whole, Minor Image, Shatter, Silence
3rd (4/7 remaining)(DC 16): Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic, Keen Edge, Locate Object, Magic Vestment, Stone Shape
4th (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Versatile Weapon
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui growls and grasps the wound oozing with poison. "Tane, homai tau kaha!" he prayed and the debilitating effect of the poison was pushed away from his body. "Can you make te light, Whisperer?" he asks Weel while standing to his feet. "Taniwha, whakarongo!" Maui's command puts his feline companion on high alert. He crouches down on its haunches and pins its ears to his head, peering into the darkness, guarding against the approach of any threat from the passageway, using his keen ability to detect scent where his sight fails.

[sblock=Actions]
Stand up and cast Delay Poison (8 hrs) on himself
Taniwha on guard and detecting any scents tht might approach us from below.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Lvl 8 Stats]
[http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Maui_(jbear1979) Maui]
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (Touch 14; FFt 18)
HP: 74 Current: 57
CMB: +12 CMD: 25 Fort: +9 Reflex: +8 Will: +11

Conditions: Longstrider (7hrs); Mage Armour (1 hr); Delay Poison (8hrs); Aspect of the Falcon (8 mins; +3 perception)
Poisoned (-1 STR)

In Hand:
Cold Iron MW Scimitar: +13 (+12)/+8(+7); 1d6+6 (+5) (Crit 18-20:x2)
and Heavy Shield

Spells: Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Know Direction, Detect Poison
1st: CLW 0/2; Longstrider: Used, Detect Snares and Pits: Used, Aspect of the Falcon:Used
2nd: Bull's Strength 2/2, Bark Skin, Delay Poison: Used
3rd: Mad Monkeys, Greater Magic Fang, Resinous Skin, Empty Slot
4th: Thorn Body, Empty Slot: Use to Summon Nature's Ally
Wild Shape: 3/4 uses left per day

[sblock=Leopard Shape]
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (20), touch 16 , flat-footed 12 (16)
Speed 30 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee:Bite +13; 1d8+7; 2 Claws: +13; 1d4 +7 dmg
Special: Trip
View attachment 57927
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lizard Bird Shape]
Deinonychus
Medium animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 16 (20), touch 16 , flat-footed 12 (16)
Speed 60 ft.
Melee:Bite +13; 1d6+7; 2 Talons: +13; 1d8+7 dmg; Foreclaws: +7; 1d4+4
Special: Pounce
View attachment 57928
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dire Tiger Shape III]
Dire Tiger
Large Animal; Senses: low-light vision, scent;
AC 17 (21) , touch 15 , flat-footed 14 (18)
Speed 40 ft.
Melee:Bite +14; 2d6+8 (+Grab); 2 Claws: +14 ; 2d4+8 dmg (+Grab)
Special: Pounce, Rake
http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6753809_f520.jpg
[/sblock]

Wand of CLW Uses: 10-3/16
Wand of Magic Fang: 45/50
Wand of Speak with Animals: 47/50
Wand of Mage Armor: 46/50
Rod of Lesser Extend: 3/3
Potions: CLW 2/2
Flasks: Holy Water 2/2
Sling Bullets: 19/20

Taniwha
Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (26)
HP: 58 Current: 39
CMB: Trip/Disarm +11 CMD: 26 (29 vs Trip) Fort: +7 Reflex: +11 Will: +5 (+9 vs enchant)

Conditions: Mage Armor (1 hr) Magic Fang (Bite) (1 min)

Bite: +11 (+12); 1d6+4 (+5) dmg; special: Trip
2x Claws: +11 ; 1d3+4 dmg
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Are you all right down there? Can you heal?"

Menik tells himself I should have prepared better for this kind of exploration.

"This might be the way forward, after all. The lich could probably use his magic to fly down there with no harm to himself. Then again, maybe Weel ... tickled the door the wrong way."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

"Light?" Weel asks Maui, perplexed. "I mean, all the color's bled out of things like it does at night, but it's perfectly--"

Weel trails off as harsh whispers sound near his ears, then he gives a small grunt.

"Ah, so I keep forgetting that lots of folks have eyes that don't work all the time, which you'd think someone would have fixed by now, but maybe it's planned obsolescense or something. But since the jibber jabbers see just fine like this, too, they never learned how to make the right kind of glow that helps people with weaker eyes, I'm afraid."

As Menik calls down, though, Weel's tone does brighten a bit. "They do know how to patch up bodies fairly well, though. But we should probably pull ourselves out of the spikes before we do that," he says with a grunt, as all his babbling increases leads to a noteworthy twinge of pain.

[sblock=ooc]Still holding for a call on the movement question from last post, but no reason Weel can't continue babbling. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Weel Naxel

Initiative: +1
AC: 21 (23 w/ Magic Vestment) Current: 23
HP:85 Current: 64
Senses: Perception 6, Sense Motive 2
CMB: +11 CMD: 22 Fort: +7
Reflex: +6
Will: +8
Spell Resistance: 14 vs. evil descriptor / evil outsiders

Conditions:
* Magic Vestment (8 hours)
* Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
* Lead Blades (8 minutes), damage bump to 3d6 on Greatsword

In Hand: Iron Weapon (Greatsword)

Common Attacks:

(Cold) Iron Weapon Options Attack: +12/+07 = [BAB (06/01) + STR (05) + Enhance (01)]
Damage (Greatsword): 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2, S
Damage (Halberd): 1d10+8, Crit: x3, P or S, brace, trip
Damage (Earthbreaker): 2d6+8, Crit: x3, B
Damage (Lucerne Hammer): 1d12+8, Crit: x2, B or P, brace, reach

Conditional: -2/+4 (+6 2H) Power Attack
Furious Focus negates 1st attack penalty for 2H
+1 attack if moving at least 10' during turn

Iron Weapon (9 minutes, +1 cold iron): 5/6 Remaining
Bracer auto take 10: 1/1 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Spark, Stabilize
1st (5/7 remaining)(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Lead Blades, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Sun Metal
2nd (7/7 remaining)(DC 15): Align Weapon, Cure Moderate Wounds, Grace, Groundswell, Heat Metal, Levitate, Make Whole, Minor Image, Shatter, Silence
3rd (4/7 remaining)(DC 16): Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic, Keen Edge, Locate Object, Magic Vestment, Stone Shape
4th (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Versatile Weapon
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui grunts and reaches back into his back pack taking out one of his own sun rods. He cracks it on the wall and then binds it to the outside of his back pack and takes a look around him. "Come. Climb down. Let us see where te passages lead us."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well, I suppose we won't get much done gabbing." Lem uses the rope he just tied off to brace himself as he climbs slowly down into the spiked-filled pit, taking care of not impaling himself in the process. Once at the bottom he takes a closer look at the surrounding and companions to see if he can help remove them safely from the spikes.

OOC: Climb check of 14 and Acrobatics of 34.
1d20+3=14, 1d20+17=34

kinem

Adventurer
Menik will climb down as well. Bracing himself against the wall of the pit, he carefully* makes his way down.

*: take 10 for 11 on climb

Satin Knights

First Post
It takes a bit of work without wiggling too much, but people are able to lift themselves off of the spikes without further damaging themselves.

With Maui breaking the seal on his stick of light, it starts to glow and starts showing what is down here. The floor is quite wet, as if a great deluge has just washed most of it clean. The spikes are on a grate, which the water flowed through as it went deeper into the catacombs.

From down the hallway, a slow clank and clatter starts moving across the stone floor. The noise is coming from farther down the hallway than the light wants to venture to at the moment.

Taniwha's ears lay back and his legs tense as he lowers into a springing pounce position.

[sblock=Weel]Your darkvision lets you see a bit. The corridor you are in turns just a little bit away.
[sblock=Your Map]
map29w.png
[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Status]
57/74.AC 21 AF20 ~ Maui ~ MA 370r, LS 3968r, DPaS 472r, Light 4750r, DPoison 4797r ~ just 1 STR drain
31/50 AC 26 AE22 ~ Taniwha ~ MA 370r ~
77/79 AC 20 AD22 ~ Vincenzo ~
64/85 AC 23 AC23 ~ Weel ~ MVest 4571r, IronWeap 588r, LB 589r ~
44/44 AC 17 AD23 ~ Menik ~ MA 1935r ~
38/38 AC 23 AF23 ~ Lem ~

The spiked grates are indeed difficult terrain.
The yellow light crystal is overhead.
Red circle=grappled
Blue circle=prone
blue X=unconscious
red X=dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
map29.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads