[LPF] From Whence None Return

kinem

Adventurer
"Strangely enough, I no longer detect any magic here" Menik states. "There could be nonmagical traps, though ... or monsters."

Satin Knights

First Post
"...Well, except for the light. And that," as Menik points at an urn on a shelf, "but its a fake enchantment. What ever that thing over there is, that is fake too." as he points to either a coat rack, or an imp torture chamber.

[sblock=Facepalm!]I forgot I had him see magic through the stone door. :blush:

So far, nothing has moved in the room. The water is perfectly still.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel harumphs a moment, then jabs his thumb back to the other door.

"You know, I hate to ruin anything's self-delusions," he says. "It's hard enough feeling good about yourself without folks picking you up and tossing you aside for being 'fake.' It seems like this room might have a fragile ego, so maybe we should try the other way, instead? Maybe the heebie jeebies are just the other door being defensive."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Hold off! The treasure looks a little too much like glass to me. And the mold... I've seen enough mold grow in poorly worked kitchens and something about it seems off. The lines are too straight. I wouldn't touch anything in here, if we could avoid it. If we have to push forward, we might want to try to strike at things from a distance... just to see what might happen." Lem seems quite concerned as he makes his statement. The room has him completely on edge.

kinem

Adventurer
"No doubt the treasure is fake" Menik says. "Of course, if the lich was really tricky, that could be camouflage for real treasure ... But perhaps we should check out the other door before exploring that possibility."

jbear

First Post
Maui listened to the discussion about the room and its contents. He stays quiet trying to make sense of what he was hearing compared to what he had seen. He came to the conclusion that he didn't understand what was going on. But this did not phase the jungle warrior. "Maui trusts te brains of Menik. If Menik says leave te room alone Maui leaves te room alone. I don't like all te tricky traps of te Leech. No shooting te mould Handsome Blade. Leave te crazy door talk and wall fighting to te Door Whisperer." Maui nods towards Weel when he says ´Door Whisperer'. Maui, having been jostled to the back finds it a simple matter to turn and head towards the other door. "Oh, and close te door behind you" he calls to his companions as Taniwha pads up beside him. He stops and examines the new door for signs of tricky traps. If he finds none he tests the door to see if it is locked. If it is unlocked, as soon as the other door is closed and his companions arrive Maui gently pushes the door open.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

"Ooh! Nicknames!" Weel says with a wide grin as Maui nods to him. "People do that when they like you, right?" he says, though he glances in the above his head instead of to the others as he asks the question. There is a mix of chittering voices, and a breeze no other feel rustles the hem on his kilt in response.

"We should come up with one for Maui, then," he whispers to himself as he shifts focus to the other door.

[sblock=ooc]Weel's inclined to go the other direction for now, as well. I'm not narrating him closing the door yet, though, in case there's disagreement on that score. He can always Mage Hand it closed later if need be. :) [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Ok, Maui" when told not to shoot the mold

When Weel speaks and asks about nicknames he answers "Yes, he gives them to those he finds worthy. He is called Jungle Warrior, I - Handsome blade."

Remove ads