• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] From Whence None Return

Satin Knights

First Post
Menik makes his way to the top of the stairs and takes a look. The two doors look identical to the normal eye. But, casting his incantation in order to see magical auras, he can discern a bit more. Concentrating to the west, there is nothing, not a glimmer of the mystical. Changing his focus to the east, the stone door makes it more difficult to sense, but there are a few weak emanations in that direction. Having the obvious light crystal above without interference of stone is drowning out any greater detail than "something there" to the east.

[sblock=Status]
74/74.AC 21 AF20 ~ Maui ~ MA 391r, LS 3989r, DPaS 493r, Light 4773r ~
50/50 AC 26 AE22 ~ Taniwha ~ MA 391r ~
77/79 AC 20 AD22 ~ Vincenzo ~
76/76 AC 23 AC23 ~ Weel ~ MVest 4592r, IronWeap 609r, LB 610r ~
44/44 AC 17 AD23 ~ Menik ~ MA 1956r ~
38/38 AC 23 AF23 ~ Lem ~

The yellow light crystal is overhead.
Red circle=grappled
Blue circle=prone
blue X=unconscious
Yes, the water is gone. I am just being lazy and not redrawing a new stone floor for the room.
red X=dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
map22.png
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Maui shrugs and assents. "Okay. Maui trusts Menik. Maui also thinks Menik needs te true name. But I don't know what te carvings on te door and te walls to open te door is called. But you killed it with te mind. Somewhere in there is te name. It will come to Maui when I learn te word for this ... te thinking game." Getting so caught up in trying to find Menik a new and worthy name he completely forgets that he had briefly wondered if heading towards where the magic could be sensed was the best idea, given they were looking for the No-Magic Stick which supposedly stopped magic from working. Instead he carefully heads towards the door, sword put away, shield held firm, in case danger should suddenly present itself.

If he reaches the door safely he examines it for traps. If he finds none he waits for any of the others who dare join him to catch up and Taniwha to join his side before very gingerly attempting to open the door.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Vincenzo looks at every one and smiles. Well then is the door unlocked? Let me check." He will walk up to where Maui stands and will open the door if no one stops him he will open the door. He waits a few seconds to make sure no one wants to stop him.

Satin Knights

First Post
Maui makes his way up to the stone door. The stone door is quite polite in not making any sudden moves that would startle the jungle man as he approaches. Even the floor is being polite in not moving either. Maui looks around and is pretty confident that there are no traps on this door.

Vincenzo walks up and tries pushing on the door, but it is locked. There is a hole in the door, about an inch in diameter like the first door everyone encountered in this building. It sits patiently waiting for something.

[sblock=Status]
74/74.AC 21 AF20 ~ Maui ~ MA 388r, LS 3986r, DPaS 490r, Light 4770r ~ Search for traps (1d20+12=29)
50/50 AC 26 AE22 ~ Taniwha ~ MA 388r ~
77/79 AC 20 AD22 ~ Vincenzo ~
76/76 AC 23 AC23 ~ Weel ~ MVest 4589r, IronWeap 606r, LB 607r ~
44/44 AC 17 AD23 ~ Menik ~ MA 1953r ~
38/38 AC 23 AF23 ~ Lem ~

The yellow light crystal is overhead.
Red circle=grappled
Blue circle=prone
blue X=unconscious
Yes, the water is gone. I am just being lazy and not redrawing a new stone floor for the room.
red X=dead[/sblock][sblock=Map]
map23.png
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

"Its lock, no big surprise. Is that a key hole?" Then after a moment of thought he asks, " If this is locked, then is it safe to assume that the previous teams did not make it this far?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem says, "We lack a key, so it looks like we are forced to take the other door through." He peers upwards at the overhead light crystal in order to see if it has any other function than providing luminescence.

Scott DeWar

Vincenzo follows Lem's gaze and asks, "I wonder if we can make that light brighter? Like it might be a way to keep the undead in?"

Remove ads