Ranking the superhero shows

Jhaelen

First Post
- Jessica Jones
- Daredevil
Haven't seen either, yet, but looking forward to both.

- Agents of SHIELD
I kind of enjoyed the first season. Definitely better than (see below). It's just stupid fun, similar to the (more enjoyable) 'iZombie').

- Flash
- Gotham
- Arrow
Stopped watching all of these. Couldn't even make it through the first season of Gotham - especially hated the 'Fish' character. Watched the entire first season of 'Flash', and I'm definitely done with it. At least it was better than Arrow, which I stopped watching at some point in the second season (although I wished, I'd stopped watching it a lot earlier).

- Supergirl
Given the above, I don't think I'll even give this a try.

- Constantine
- Agent Carter
- Heroes Reborn
Haven't seen either of these, yet. I'm most interested in Constantine, given that I even enjoyed the movie somewhat (thanks to Peter Stormare and Tilda Swinton). I have little faith that 'Heroes Reborn' will be good, but I'm going to give it a chance.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
- Jessica Jones
- Daredevil
Haven't seen either, yet, but looking forward to both.

- Agents of SHIELD
I kind of enjoyed the first season. Definitely better than (see below). It's just stupid fun, similar to the (more enjoyable) 'iZombie').

- Flash
- Gotham
- Arrow
Stopped watching all of these. Couldn't even make it through the first season of Gotham - especially hated the 'Fish' character. Watched the entire first season of 'Flash', and I'm definitely done with it. At least it was better than Arrow, which I stopped watching at some point in the second season (although I wished, I'd stopped watching it a lot earlier).

- Supergirl
Given the above, I don't think I'll even give this a try.

- Constantine
- Agent Carter
- Heroes Reborn
Haven't seen either of these, yet. I'm most interested in Constantine, given that I even enjoyed the movie somewhat (thanks to Peter Stormare and Tilda Swinton). I have little faith that 'Heroes Reborn' will be good, but I'm going to give it a chance.

It's amazing how opposite peoples' tastes can be. I dislike all the things you like, and I enjoy all the things you dislike!

I thought the Constantine movie with Keanu was pretty dire. The TV show isn't even vaguely similar to it, though I didn't think it was very good either.

Nytmare

David Jose
  1. Jessica Jones
  2. Daredevil

Though I rank these higher than any of the others, I'm placing them separately since they exist in more of a standalone "finished" state in my mind. Of the two, I definitely liked Jessica Jones more. Daredevil's fight choreography was amazing, but I think they painted themselves into a corner by the end of the show because it was physically impossible to choreograph his fight with Kingpin to match the artistry of any of his other fights. I can not WAIT for the next seasons.

1. Gotham - This is by far my favorite of the super hero shows currently on TV, even though it doesn't have any super heroes in it yet. For each over the top actors or characters that I'm left painfully eye rolling, there are easily two actors that can convince me to forgive them of almost anything.
  2. Agents of SHIELD - Though I felt Agents started off on and sporadically revisits some really shakey ground, overall I'm happy with it.
  3. Heroes Reborn - Still not as good as the first season of Heroes. Still holding out hope that it'll at least be better than the second...
  4. Flash - Every week I watch this show, and every week I get mad at myself for still watching it. I don't know how to stop.
  5. Agent Carter - I'm looking forward to the next season more than I enjoyed the first. But in truth, it's probably because I'm so stupidly invested in the Marvel Universe. That being said, I'd rather they keep making (and I keep watching) TV shows than the filler feature films that they have to churn out so that they don't have to waste time in the tent pole films introducing a brigade of new characters and their origin stories. I always get sorta depressed when I look back at how many blah Marvel films I've wasted time and money having to wait for and then watching, just so they can get me into the theater to watch the next Avengers movie.

Shows That I Watched a Single (or a Half) Episode of That I'll Probably Never Watch Again and Am Not Going to Bother Ranking

• Arrow - I'm just not a fan of what I've always seen as the WB/CW style of TV shows. Some combination of the way these are shot/lit/and cast almost entirely with people who look like they're 20 something just makes me not interested straight out of the gate. It also makes me wonder why I keep giving The Flash second chance after second chance.
  • Alphas - No idea what I didn't like about it, I turned it off as soon as they did the roll call of members and their special powers and I never looked back
  • Powers - A Playstation(!?) production that paints a world where super heroes are effectively what Rock and Roll stars were during the 80s and 90s. Society (aka parents) hate and don't understand them, teenagers adore them and put posters up on their bedroom walls, groupies do... things that groupies do to Rock Stars so that they can get temporary super powers, and the super heroes wreck hotels and overdose on super hero drugs. Interesting idea, and that's about it.
  • Supergirl - I only watched the pilot, and it's probably not fair for me to not give the actual show an episode or two, but I think that it's mostly a case of me me being too far outside of the show's target audience. Also they adopted that "The WB Look" (see above) that I abhor.
  • Constantine - I never read the comic book, but the movie had so many amazing things in it that Constantine has always held a special place in my heart. The first episode though left me feeling like it was just going to be that sort of cookie cutter "fight the monster of a week" and didn't leave me hopeful for what any of what the overarching story might end up being. Should I revise my opinion?

Remove ads