• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
Aquaria can bolster her allies courage and help remove things like fear and such. She can also heal, and psionically attack other people's brains. One of her Talents, like cantrips, lets her attempt to charm someone for six seconds. She can make a new attempt every six seconds. Oh, and as a water Genasi, she can create or destroy water once per day, and knows the Shape Water cantrip.

Auraia can levitate once per day, fly up to 60 ft in a turn, blast things with wind and teleport short distances. She can also use her teleporting power to switch places with an ally. She also can manifest blades of Psionic energy.

Aquaria can breathe air and water, and Auraia can hold her breath indefinitely.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As soon as [MENTION=40234]Celestial[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] decide if they want to risk taking a look at the Watchtower, we can move along to the ambush site. Then I get to try running combat for the first time. I'm trying to decide how I want to handle init. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
As soon as [MENTION=40234]Celestial[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] decide if they want to risk taking a look at the Watchtower, we can move along to the ambush site. Then I get to try running combat for the first time. I'm trying to decide how I want to handle init. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

If we have to wait for precise initiative order, it takes forever... Here is what works well from previous experience

1: Roll initiative in advance and write it down somewhere. When a fight ends, ask people to roll initiative for the next fight. This way when a fight start, you can skip the "roll initiative part" and that will save you a day.

2: Divide the initiative in four segments: 1: DM says establishes the situation, 2 "PCs before the monsters (if any)", 3 "the monsters/bad guys", and then 4"PCs after the monsters". Then you recap what happened in the round, add new details for the new round if any (ie segment 1) and then segment 2, 3...

Remove ads