D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Encounter: Silakul and his Flesh Golem

Round Three

Torbin watched as Bobranthus rushed away from the Golem, ducking under it's meaty fist. He crashed through the wooden partition, and Torbinran to a spot where he could see Silakul duck the big barbarian's axe while Bob bashed the bald cultist with his hammer. Torbin fired two arrows at the cultist; one grazed by his face while the other got him in the arm. The look of manic determination on the face of the cultist was a terror to behold as Silakul reached for Bob with black energy crackling around his hands.

Pyrus and Terrus secured the doors, at least temporarily, as the fiery brother closed the doors with his mind, and the stony brother caused the very wood to bend, stretch, and grow, crossing the room and bending around two corners, the wood reached another set of doors entirely, blocking them as well. Terrus then went back to defending himself against the bites of little skeletal dragons.

While this occured, Lathander's Angels seared the back of the big Golem as it spun to follow Bob, then they fell in line to protect their master as Sesto moved away from the flying flail. The cleric sent a bolt of radiance into the fleshy horror, keeping it glowing as Drako blasted it over and over.

The Flesh Golem kept on plodding along, swinging it's fist at Terrus as it shoved its way past him, through the partition, following Bob. It's eyes widened and it let out a mangled shriek as Lorenn's rolling ball of fire followed it, burning the partition and the monster's legs. Seeing the creature feared fire, Lorenn sent a jet of the stuff at it, burning it's side before the half-elf leaped away. Moaning and shrieking, the creature began to frantically swing it's fists. A swing collided roughly with the side of Bob's head, with a loud smack. But even with his head ringing, Bob ducked away from the cultist's black energy as miniature skeletal dragons bit at his flesh.

With an annoyed gesture, almost as an afterthought, the Cultist sent his flying flail after Sesto, but it swung at Drako instead when it's slow movement failed to catch the elusive cleric.

In the adjacent room, two hapless mercenaries came through the Bhaalite obelisk as others continued to clear the pews from the now-broken main doors. Disoriented, they saw the doors to Silakul's room close and could hear the sounds of the battle. They looked at each other and nodded, ready for action.

The first of them to reach the doors reached out to pull the iron ring... and every bit of flesh on his body disintegrated, and his skeleton fell to the floor. The other mercenary could only stare in horror...

GM: Fhew! That was hard. A lot of moving parts for only two bad guys. I hope I got everything right. Or at least right-enough. Watch out for those mini-dracoliches. I think they are going to take out Terrus.
[sblock=Notes](In Initiative Order)
Bobranthus 22 (to E11) Reckless Hammer 22 & Axe 12 vs Silakul (Hit for 12 & Miss)
Torbin 21 (to G7) Bow 20 & 19 vs Silakul (Hit for 3 & 9)
Angels dc15 vs FleshGolem (Made it, so 9 radiant)
FleshGolem 17 (to H10) Slam 16 vs Terrus & Crit vs Bob (Miss & Crit for 29(14))
Terrus 16 (G11) Wall of Wood
Drako 15 (to I6) Eldritch Blast 17 & 14 vs FleshGolem (Hit for 14 & 12 force)
Sesto 11 (L9) SG Angels & Guiding Bolt 12 vs FleshGolem (Hit for 11 radiant)
Lorenn 7 (to L11) Flaming Sphere (to dc13 Dex vs FleshGolem (3 fire) & Firebolt 12 vs FleshGolem (Hit for 12 fire)
Pyrus 7 (to L8) Close door
Silakul 5 (F11) Spiritual Flail L3 20 vs Drako (Hit for 12) & Inflict Wounds L2 11 vs Bob (Miss)
SG Bone Dragons (12(6/3?) necrotic vs Bob & 18(9?) vs Terrus - dc13 Wis Save for Half at start of turn)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Torbin
Bow: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
1D8+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Flesh Golem
Dex Save: 1D20-1 = [17]-1 = 16
1D20-1 = [19]-1 = 18
(vs Last round's Flaming Sphere, Adv from MR rolled weird)
Dex Save: 2D20.HIGH(1)-1 = [17, 4]-1 = 16
(vs this round's FS, MR Adv, Save machine!)
Wis Save: 2D20.HIGH(1) = [10, 16] = 16
(vs Angels, Advantage from Magic Resistance, Made it.)
Slam: 1D20+7 = [2]+7 = 9
2D8+4 = [2, 5]+4 = 11
(Opp Attack vs Bob, Miss)
Slam: 1D20+7 = [13]+7 = 20
2D8+4 = [7, 5]+4 = 16
1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27
2D8+4 = [8, 7]+4 = 19
(vs Terrus & Bob) Oh Spit! Crit Bob!
DisAdv: 1D20 = [9] = 9
(So 16 vs Terrus w/ DisAdvantage)
Crit Dice: 2D8 = [8, 2] = 10

Angels When a BG starts it's turn (or enters) within 15' of Sesto
Angels: 3D8 = [4, 7, 7] = 18
3D8 = [2, 6, 6] = 14
(dc15 Wis Save for Half)

Silakul's Spirit Guardians When a PC starts it's turn (or enters) within 15' of Silakul
SpiritGuardians: 3D8 = [6, 2, 7] = 15
(vs Bob when he moved in)
SpiritGuardians: 3D8 = [5, 1, 6] = 12
3D8 = [6, 7, 5] = 18
(vs Bob & Terrus at the start of their turns)

Silakul

Con Save: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14
1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18
1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
(Concentration on Spirit Guardians)
SpiritWeapon: 1D20+5 = [15]+5 = 20
2D8+3 = [8, 1]+3 = 12
(vs Drako)
InflictWounds: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
4D10 = [7, 2, 10, 9] = 28
(vs Bob, Miss)

Door Ward

Trap: 4D8 = [8, 6, 1, 5] = 20
(dc13 Con Save for Half)
Merc1 Con Save: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
(Fail)
[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Bob 10+15(3)+29(14)+(Sot)12(6/3?)=33(30?), Drako 9+12=21, Lorenn 7, Pyrus 17,
Sesto 24, Terrus 40+18(9?)=KO?, Torbin 8
BGs Flesh Golem 25+10(5)+14+12+11+3(1)=68, Silakul 13+12+3+9=37, Merc1 0+20=Dead, Merc2 0

Prep3.png

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: As for Terrus' HP, he gets 1 temp hp per round and I don't think we've been factoring it in. So, before he got hit last time, he would have had an extra 1 hp, so he should have had 9 hp before the start of this round. S round, he gets 1 temp hp (since the last one got hit so it disappeared), thus giving him 10 hp. Then he saved, so he got hit for 9.

So I'm going to say he has 1 hp left. At the start of his next turn, he'll get 1 temp hp, to make it 2 hp total. Does that sound right?

Sent from my iPad using EN World

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Yup. I wasn't actively aware of his 1 temp per round. I'll try to remember. The math adds up, though. This is a new save, though, so if you mean you just rolled a save, then you're right, but it's a new turn - new save. (You missed it last round).

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: So...there's nothing he can do there. I got him to stay alive for a new round, but if it hits again at the beginning of his turn, then he's down.

Pyrus sees his brother go down, and the wooden wall crumbles behind him.

In anger, he looks up at the flesh golem.

"Get the cultist. The Golem is mine."

He olds out his hand and calls for the creatures inner fire, the fire of life, boiling it's blood in it's veins.

OOC: Terrus is down. Death Save:[roll0]

Pyrus: Combustion, 5 Psi Points: DC 14 Con Save, or take [roll1] Fire damage and be lit on fire, taking 1d6 fire damage every round for 1 minute. Half fire damage on a successful Save.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: Would Bob need to Reckless attack while flanking? Or is that another detail I have wrong in 5th Ed? Ahh, Insee you didn't roll with advantage anyways.[\ooc]

Squirrels are evil!

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Terrus is down.

OOC: The damage was included in what I had written, so if you made the save, then he's at 1. otherwise he's down, yeah. (You haven't posted the save, though, so I don't know which it is.)

Would Bob need to Reckless attack while flanking? Or is that another detail I have wrong in 5th Ed? Ahh, I see you didn't roll with advantage anyways.

OOC: I only didn't attack with advantage because the Golem has disadvantage after being burnt by fire, but there's no such thing as flanking in 5e.
Advantage is far too good to get just for double-teaming the bad guy.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Ah. I get it. I had done a Save, and I thought that the damage was for the previous Save, and the new Save didn't matter cause he only has one hp. So, [roll0]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads