The Orville - Season 1

CapnZapp

Legend
I liked the pilot's extra "boom" :)

It's scarily how fast they want to become TNG "elite" - Alara taking the bullets like a champ, the XO enduring torture. They just brushed that off in true serialized Trek fashion. You'd thought they would act much more shocked, and that they will bring up the trauma over and over again?

But perhaps its only men who get to be narcissistic whimps on this show...? (A joke I would love if true, so no probs) :cool:

Bechdel alert: I'm no feminist, but even I couldn't miss how the two broads couldn't have a talk without it being about men (on the road, just before the armored van driving up).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I still haven't watched star trek discovery and I'm afraid that it is going to be as trek as the Orville.

Afraid? You have two different flavours of Star Trek on *at the same time*! This is the best time ever for Trek fans! :)

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Afraid? You have two different flavours of Star Trek on *at the same time*! This is the best time ever for Trek fans! :)
I'm planning on starting discovery but the Orville has set the bar pretty high. When it comes down to it though, you're right. I'm going to watch both and undoubtedly enjoy them both due to being a trek fan.

Ryujin

Legend

Definitely a good thing for me because, so far, I'm not a fan of the *actual* Trek series. I was on the fence about "The Orville", but the third and fourth episodes tipped the balance in its favour. HUGELY in its favour.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Definitely a good thing for me because, so far, I'm not a fan of the *actual* Trek series. I was on the fence about "The Orville", but the third and fourth episodes tipped the balance in its favour. HUGELY in its favour.

Haven’t seen Orville, but I loved Discovery. If it’s even better than that? Can’t wait!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Bechdel alert: I'm no feminist, but even I couldn't miss how the two broads couldn't have a talk without it being about men (on the road, just before the armored van driving up).

Yeah, you're not wrong, but, OTOH, Isaac was similarly tenacious on the road regarding the Captain's side of the story.

Remove ads