Views?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm trying out a much cleaner, less cluttered skin in an attempt to improve performance. So far it seems to be working, but its been the weekend. The test will be today when we get busy.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I like the look. But I also like to know if folks are actually interested in what I'm posting! (Although I guess a view is no guarantee of that...)

darkbard

Legend
I concur that view count is a useful feature. I've participated in many a thread with only three or four other participants, but said threads had views in the hundreds or low thousands, so, clearly, others were interested in/benefiting from the discussion. Seeing the thread count may draw others who otherwise wouldn't think to check in on a relatively low post count thread.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I'm trying out a much cleaner, less cluttered skin in an attempt to improve performance. So far it seems to be working, but its been the weekend. The test will be today when we get busy.

So, moving forward, will 'number of views' be permanently removed?

Audrik

Explorer
If my voice can add any weight to the matter, I find view count to be a very useful barometer of the health and popularity of a thread.

CapnZapp

Legend
I don't understand what has changed. Maybe it's a feature I've never used...

I guess I need to have a sit down when I reach my computer and scour the screen for changes.

Audrik

Explorer
On the pages that list threads, they show how many replies each thread has. It used to show that as well as how often the thread had been viewed.

The feeling I (and, I believe, many others) have is that not everyone who reads a thread posts everytime they read it, so the view count tells at least as much about the popularity of a thread as the reply count.

Remove ads