WotC How to I find my claimed content on dndbeyond?

and then they abandoned it and never changed anything? No, they own it, they keep working on it (Maps…), they just do not care about adding this feature
That is a fine assumption, but I’m trying to not make assumptions. There could be legit reasons they haven’t done it. The previous owner had a lot more time to implement this feature and never did. Maybe there is a reason besides the laziness of the 2 companies that owned the platform

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
at that point, is there even a reason to filter out what you do not own? Sounds like it should maybe be a book or two ;)
:ROFLMAO: Touché. Most of what I don't own are adventure books. I generally don't buy the adventures, but every now and then they have a good discount on the ultimate bundle and after it subtracks the amount of I've already spent, the amount is low enough that I say "why not." My son is the main user of my DDB account these days as I'm currently not running D&D. But after my Warhammer Fantasy campaign ends near the end of the year, I'll probably go back to running a 5e campaign with the 2024 rules.

But this brings me to my second gripe with DDB. Even if you have all the stuff, the filtering and search options are not great. It is often quicker to browse through the PHP to look up a rule than to search for it. If really wish there were a way to limit your search to specific books or to filter out adventure books from your search. Clicking on the compendium filter helps quite a bit in that the rules from the core books will generally jump to top, as long as you remember to use the right term (e.g., "hide" versus "hiding"). But for as long as I've been using DDB, it still find that I often have to manually click on the PHB or DMG and navigate to the proper section of the rules to find what I want. Or at least that is often quicker than searching with search terms.

I expect that this issue is harder to resolve than adding an "owned content" filter. Chris Cox spoke recently about how they are testing uses of AI. This is one use case I would welcome. Already, I can find good rules answers on Chat GPT than search in DDB.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
That is a fine assumption, but I’m trying to not make assumptions. There could be legit reasons they haven’t done it. The previous owner had a lot more time to implement this feature and never did. Maybe there is a reason besides the laziness of the 2 companies that owned the platform
I get where you are coming from. This is generally my first thought whenever anyone complains about any software or technology. "Its easy, just do it already!" is often the refrain of the technically ignorant. But DDB has added an owned content feature in their app. If they can do it in their app, I would really find it hard to believe that it would be that big of a lift to add the same feature to the website. I certainly could be wrong. But it makes me sceptical and I feel fine putting the burden of proof on WotC/DDB to prove that they have not done this for any reason other than constantly putting "buy this" prompts before users.

Remove ads