WotC How to I find my claimed content on dndbeyond?

Clint_L

Hero
Oh, okay. Yes, I suppose that could be improved, as you say. Right now, if you can’t remember it is an extra step to click on the source and be reminded.

Given the tenor of some of the responses, you’d think we were discussing something serious. Not “the interface to identify all the free stuff WotC gives me could be slightly improved.”

Jer

Legend
Supporter
That’s not what the OP complained about. (And I feel most people know what they own)
I don't know - that's how I read it. It read to me like the complaint of someone looking at the interface and not finding an obvious way to identify what free stuff they had out there. And they're right because there isn't an easy way to see what you own in the DDB interface and never has been. It could have been a little less inflamatory but meh, it's the internet, and it's not even the most inflammatory accusation against Wizards here in the forum right now.

And when it comes to free stuff I actually don't know what's out there unless I go look. Because it's free and I didn't buy it and I don't need to find shelf space for it, so the amount of brainpower I expend on remembering it's there is zero. I just logged in and realized I own the Lost Mines of Phandelver because I clicked some link at some point.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I do agree with the general complaint about the site. There are 2-5 articles a day, and there is no good way to find the articles/blog posts/whatever they call them, as one example.

I hate that search brings up stuff you DON'T OWN as the result often, even if that same thing is in stuff you do own.

Overall, the site has some real UI/design issues, but is still a great site overall.

A2Z

Explorer
I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question correctly, but if you go to "My Account", you should see a "Marketplace" tab which keeps track of all your transactions.
And then what? I can't click on any of those. It's just a static list.

I’m not understanding the issue. Why can’t you just go to the sources tab and click on the one you want? What in particular are you looking for?
I don't know what I'm looking for. I'm just looking for the things I claimed in the past.

The Sources tab doesn't say what you own. So you have to click on things to see if it's something you claimed or not. Or you have to go into your account and have a separate tab open to see it.

I'm sure for folks who use DDB for their games it's all fine. But for folks who don't and only use it as a replacement for the articles that Wizards used to give out on their website it's a pain in the neck if you want to go back and review what materials you actually have access to. Even a little green dot or something on sources you own would be helpful.
Bingo, I didn't think it was such weird question to ask. That I had to ask it says a lot about dndbeyond's usability though. Am I really wrong to assume when you purchase, or claim, something you should be able to access it easily?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
And then what? I can't click on any of those. It's just a static list.

The rightmost column is clickable and you get the details of the transaction. Admittedly, it is not very convenient.

2024-04-01 (1).png

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I'm not lying to you, nothing in my list is clickable.
Mine is the same: just a static table, no links.
I think the difference is the "Transactions" section (as highlighted by Nikosandros, and I assume is purchases) versus the "Licenses" section (which seems to be the freebies).

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Mine is the same: just a static table, no links.
I think the difference is the "Transactions" section (as highlighted by Nikosandros, and I assume is purchases) versus the "Licenses" section (which seems to be the freebies).
The license section does contain every product that you have access to, whether it was bought, comped, claimed or gifted. But I'm probably missing something.

Remove ads