WotC How to I find my claimed content on dndbeyond?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I'd suggest going to the D&D Beyond Feedback page and posting there where it could at least in theory be read by the people that support the site. Posting here doesn't really accomplish much of anything.

Or maybe . . . just maybe . .. he knows that getting a helpful response from WotC might take a while and figured asking a community of folks who probably use DDB quite a bit would lead him to something he was missing. . . heck, he might have done both.

James Harden Reaction GIF by NBA

Oofta

Legend
Or maybe . . . just maybe . .. he knows that getting a helpful response from WotC might take a while and figured asking a community of folks who probably use DDB quite a bit would lead him to something he was missing. . . heck, he might have done both.

James Harden Reaction GIF by NBA

Other people have given him advice on what to do, I see no need to repeat it.

Clint_L

Hero
It's the tone that I find off-putting. Like the site is not very usable because, if you've forgotten, you have to click on a title to see if you own it. That's not exactly a huge inconvenience. I agree that it would be better to have a visual signifier so you wouldn't have to do that extra click if you've forgotten, but it's not exactly the end of the world to have to make one click.

So the takeaway seems to be not, "hey thanks for the free stuff - I don't even subscribe to that service," but "Wow, my free stuff is not as obvious as I would like. This service sucks."

Yenrak

Explorer
That’s not what the OP complained about. (And I feel most people know what they own)
I don't think that's likely to be true at all. I've been a user of D&D Beyond for years and I definitely cannot tell you what I own. I could probably name a few but I definitely do not have a full list of the products I've purchased or received for free.

On DriveThruRGP (aka DMSGuild), there's a 'my library' link that takes me to everything I own. Something like that would be a great improvement to DNDBeyond.

A2Z

Explorer
Yes, you are right, that part is not clickable. The screenshot that I shared is for purchases, but it does list each product that you "own" on DDB. Isn't it what you were looking for?
I suppose it is, in the most useless way possible though. The point remains, there is no easy way to view my content. Compare this to DTRPG, I can see a list of all my purchased content and amazingly enough I can download it from that list. Imagine if I had to search the whole site just to find something I purchased. I'm kind of shocked how many people are trying to justify this lack of something as basic as viewing your library of content.

Also, why is there always at least one person in every thread who has to take time out of their day to comment how you should be asking this somewhere else? I honestly thought I was missing something obvious. This forum, and it's many past offshoots were my go to for asking anything about dnd and related subjects because our collective knowledge was almost always useful. I will continue to use it that way.

Clint_L

Hero
When you lead with "It seems wotc has continued their track record of horribly designed websites," it sets a certain tone. Not to mention the ensuing hyperbole such as "Every time they've offered something for free I've claimed it, but apparently I can't ever view it again?" Seriously? Never again? Is having to click one time to see if you own something that impossible to manage?

Could DDB be improved, in a variety of ways? Yes! Is it is horribly designed website? No - I'm not very good with technology and for the most part I find it intuitive and easy to use. I use it with brand new players and they are off and running right away. I find it much easier to use than almost any other TTRPG interface, with the exception of Demiplane.

Also, WotC didn't design DDB.

A2Z

Explorer
When you lead with "It seems wotc has continued their track record of horribly designed websites," it sets a certain tone. Not to mention the ensuing hyperbole such as "Every time they've offered something for free I've claimed it, but apparently I can't ever view it again?" Seriously? Never again? Is having to click one time to see if you own something that impossible to manage?

Could DDB be improved, in a variety of ways? Yes! Is it is horribly designed website? No - I'm not very good with technology and for the most part I find it intuitive and easy to use. I use it with brand new players and they are off and running right away. I find it much easier to use than almost any other TTRPG interface, with the exception of Demiplane.

Also, WotC didn't design DDB.
Maybe you're reading more into the tone than was intended?

Remove ads