[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Tapeworm

Gomez

First Post
DEA Washinton Division Office
Washington DC

Marcus Foster was working his way through a mountain of paper work after that botched raid in Harrisonburg. Four dead and one of his fellow agents wounded. Perkins would be ok it was just a scratch really. But it didn't look good on paper. Jeff McKnight walked over and looked at the pile of papers on the desk. Jeff was a big black man with a barrel chest. An ex college football player at Virginia Tech until he blew out his knee. He was a good egg but a bit of a joker around the office. Jeff clicked his tongue. "Man, Marcus! You’re going to be at that all day! Why don't they get you a secretary or something! He said with a grin. Just four weeks earlier budget cuts had forced two of the office's secretaries to be transferred out. Of coarse one of them had been Marcus' secretary.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Room 521
Washington DC

Dr. Jonathan Paul Anderson was shaving when his cell phone rang. Fumbling with is razor, he narrowly escaped cutting himself. Picking up the phone, Jonathan tried to continue shaving and talk on the phone at the same time.

"Hello?"

"Jon! How is your "vacation" going?" It was Associate Director Ben Rutledge of the DPD*. Ben and Jonathan went deep sea fishing in the gulf every year. Ben enjoyed the time away from his wife and kids and Jon enjoyed the company. "Tired of all those parties yet?"

*Divison of Parasitic Diseases, CDC.

Hrothgar

First Post
"Ben! You dog! It's not already time for some fishing is it? Way I remember, you still owe me fifty bucks from our last outing!" Jonathan chuckles. "How are the wife and kids? Good. Good."

Jonathan pauses to listen. "Parties? Are you kidding me? I have no idea why I am even here. I am not an expert in bioterrorism. Did these fools even read my CV? They just don't understand the threat of a potential world-wide pandemic. Imagine the 1918 flu reborn in 2005 except that 10% of the world's population gets wiped out. They just don't have any idea what my research or message is all about. Half of these bureaucrats are interested in bioterrorism, the other half in using my research as a weapon." Jonathan forces himself to calm down. "Well, at least the food is free," he adds with a laugh. "So, what's the nature of the call, Ben?"

OOC: If you don't want me making up some of this stuff such as the fifty buck comment, I'll stop. Just thought it added a nice roleplaying element.

Gomez

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Paul Anderson

Hrothgar said:
"Ben! You dog! It's not already time for some fishing is it? Way I remember, you still owe me fifty bucks from our last outing!" Jonathan chuckles. "How are the wife and kids? Good. Good."

Jonathan pauses to listen. "Parties? Are you kidding me? I have no idea why I am even here. I am not an expert in bioterrorism. Did these fools even read my CV? They just don't understand the threat of a potential world-wide pandemic. Imagine the 1918 flu reborn in 2005 except that 10% of the world's population gets wiped out. They just don't have any idea what my research or message is all about. Half of these bureaucrats are interested in bioterrorism, the other half in using my research as a weapon." Jonathan forces himself to calm down. "Well, at least the food is free," he adds with a laugh. "So, what's the nature of the call, Ben?"

"Well Jon, I know your flying back tomorrow but I was wondering if you could do me a favor? I got a call from a Rockingham County Assistant Medical Examiner by the name of Joan Hardiman yesterday. She was doing an autopsy on a John Doe and found an extremely large tape worm-like organism inside his lower intestine. She is stumped about what it is. I was wondering if you could drive down there today and take a look. It would be lot easier than me having to fly a person out there from Atlanta. Her office is in Harrisonburg Virginia and it's only about a 2-hour drive from Washington. Can you do it? I promise to buy the beers the next time we go fishing." he says with a chuckle.

Hrothgar

First Post
Jonathan pauses. No, Ben. I can't do it. I need to relax and get my mind to focus on my work in Atlanta. My people are starting to stumble without my direction. And what the hell do I know about tapeworms?

"Sure...Sure thing, Ben," Jonathan sighs, "I can do it. Tapeworms are not my area of expertise, but o.k. I don't plan on heading down to Atlanta until tomorrow. Just give me the directions and Joan's number and I will leave within the hour."

"And Ben, I like my beers ice cold," Jonathan adds with a laugh.

Gomez

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Paul Anderson

"Good! I knew you wouldn't let me down! The Rockingham County Medical Examiner's office is in Harrisonburg Va." He gives you the address and her phone number. "I will give her a call and tell her to expect you. Good luck and who knows? It might be something interesting. Oh! I got to go. Call me if you need anything."

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Marcus Foster

"I had a secretary, but you ran her off, remember?" Marcus puts his best game face on, knowing his colleague means well. But inside he can't help feeling he let his wingmen down.

[ooc -sry for the delay, I hadn't noticed the edit of the other thread]

Gomez

First Post
Marcus Foster

Jeff's express becomes serious. "Have you I.D.'d those jokers who busted up our operation yet? Oh that reminds me. Here is a message from the Assistant Medical Examiner over in Rockingham." You look over the message. It came in last night around 7 pm.

"Please contact me as soon as you can about the John Doe that was brought in from the DEA raid on the ICE night club. I need any information you might have on him.

Joan Hardiman
Rockingham County Assistant Medical Examiner
800-555-9125

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

Hanging up the phone, Jonathan hangs his head looking down at his beard stubble in the bathroom sink. Slowly shaking his head, Jonathan draws a long breath and hurriedly finishes his morning routine. Once outside, he starts up his government supplied car and heads out into the morning traffic. Outside, Jonathan looks up into the blue sky, already starting to feel better. Let's just make the best of it.

Flipping open his cellular, Jonathan dials the phone number of Dr. Hardiman as he slips effortlessly between lanes in the light traffic. "Yes, may I speak to Dr. Joan Hardiman please? This is Jonathan Anderson of the CDC..."

Last edited:

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Marcus Foster

Gomez said:
Joan Hardiman
Rockingham County Assistant Medical Examiner
800-555-9125

"Dr. Hardiman, this is Marcus Foster returning your call. I have to say I'm a bit confused, since I've met with the Harrisonburg PD already."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases