[Delta Green] Operas and Avatars: Tapeworm

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
"Dr. Hardiman, this is Marcus Foster returning your call. I have to say I'm a bit confused, since I've met with the Harrisonburg PD already."

A woman answers your call. "You’re with the DEA correct? Well I have a bit of a puzzle on my hands down here concerning your John Doe that was brought in to the Medical Examiners Office yesterday. I performed an autopsy on him last night and I found some.....let's say irregulars." she pauses to clear her throat. "I really need any information on this man's identity and where he lived."

Gomez

First Post
Hrothgar said:
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

Hanging up the phone, Jonathan hangs his head looking down at his beard stubble in the bathroom sink. Slowly shaking his head, Jonathan draws a long breath and hurriedly finishes his morning routine. Once outside, he starts up his government supplied car and heads out into the morning traffic. Outside, Jonathan looks up into the blue sky, already starting to feel better. Let's just make the best of it.

Flipping open his cellular, Jonathan dials the phone number of Dr. Hardiman as he slips effortlessly between lanes in the light traffic. "Yes, may I speak to Dr. Joan Hardiman please? This is Jonathan Anderson of the CDC..."

After a few seconds, a woman answers the phone. "This is Dr. Hardiman. Your the Dr. Anderson? I have read some of your papers. Top notch work. I really appricate you calling so soon. Dr. Rutlege said you would be contacting me today."

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

"Yes, I told Ben Rutledge I would head over as a favor. And thank you for the compliment." Top notch work? This woman must be into some really heavy reading. I wonder if she is a looker, too? Hmmm. This might be interesting after all. "I'm on my way down. I should be there, say, in an hour and a half? Any particulars you could tell me before I arrive?"

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Gomez said:
A woman answers your call. "You’re with the DEA correct? Well I have a bit of a puzzle on my hands down here concerning your John Doe that was brought in to the Medical Examiners Office yesterday. I performed an autopsy on him last night and I found some.....let's say irregulars." she pauses to clear her throat. "I really need any information on this man's identity and where he lived."

OOC: Do I have any information about the victim?]

Committed Hero

Adventurer
Gomez said:
"I really need any information on this man's identity and where he lived."

"I'm sorry, Doctor, but the victim seems to be a true unkown. If it's important, I would be happy to try and interview some of the witnesses, although that's not strictly in my job description.

Is there any specific information you are looking for, or anything I should know to help my search?
"

Gomez

First Post
Hrothgar said:
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

"Yes, I told Ben Rutledge I would head over as a favor. And thank you for the compliment." Top notch work? This woman must be into some really heavy reading. I wonder if she is a looker, too? Hmmm. This might be interesting after all. "I'm on my way down. I should be there, say, in an hour and a half? Any particulars you could tell me before I arrive?"

"Well, the John Doe was brought in from a drug raid. He had been shot 4 times. During my autopsy I discovered a large worm like organism in the man’s lower intestine. The worm, severely damaged by gunfire, was quite dead. It measured one meter in length and approximately 20 centimeters in circumference. Dissection of the worm showed it to be hermaphroditic and able to reproduce at will, although the sex organs of the one recovered were dormant. The worm was still in larval form. Introduction of the organism into its host appears to have been through the anus. I so far have been unable to identify this worm. It might be some exotic type that is not native to the U.S. So it could constitute a health hazard. I will have everything ready for you to look over when you get here."

Gomez

First Post
Committed Hero said:
"I'm sorry, Doctor, but the victim seems to be a true unkown. If it's important, I would be happy to try and interview some of the witnesses, although that's not strictly in my job description.

Is there any specific information you are looking for, or anything I should know to help my search?
"

"During my autopsy, I discovered a unknown parasite inside the Vic. What I need to know is where this man is from and where he has been. That might help me identify the parasite."

Last edited:

Hrothgar

First Post
Dr. Jonathan Anderson

Jonathan's brow knitted in a frown. "Still larval at 1 meter and a circumference of 20 cm? I've seen tapeworms over 10 feet in length, but nothing with the thickness of what you're describing." Jonathan's thoughts raced as he sifted through the vast stores of medical knowledge long buried in his mind.

A challenge! A problem to preoccupy his mind! What could this thing be? A new organism? Not likely. Probably a beef or pork tapeworm grown to predigious size. But how? The man's diet? Was he exposed to toxins? Infectious agents? Already Jonathan could feel the thrill of the challenge. Tragically, his thoughts never settled on the deceased himself, only on the problem to be solved.

"Alright. Thanks Dr. Hardiman. Joan? I'll see you in a little over an hour."

Committed Hero

Adventurer
"I'll try to find out what I can, doctor."

I wonder what I can find about the victim? Perhaps a visit to the club might reveal something now that things have died down from the raid.

[If it's not a far drive and Marcus has the time he will schedule a trip down to Harrisonburg]

Remove ads