• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Frogs n' Toads

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
I failed to note that these fellas are Small,
Me too :eek:
So how about Str 10, Con 16, Dex 15, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 7?
Looks ok
I didn't reduce the Con score since it's Hit Dice was originally 1+4, implying bonus hit points.
Possibly from Toughness (well 3 of them)

Another thought just occurred to me: since frogs are amphibious, should we give them the aquatic subtype and the amphibious trait?
I looked that up - apparently frogs can breathe through their skin! :) The aquatic subtype would fit then. :)

<edit>
Personally I don't see the need to make them magical beasts unless the light producing ability is either supernatural or spell-like, if it's an extraordinary ability we could leave them as animals. IMHO the animal type is not just for 'real' animals.
</edit>

Regards
Mortis

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
Mortis said:
Me too :eek:

<edit>
Personally I don't see the need to make them magical beasts unless the light producing ability is either supernatural or spell-like, if it's an extraordinary ability we could leave them as animals. IMHO the animal type is not just for 'real' animals.
</edit>

Regards
Mortis

Not all magical beasts have supernatural or spell-like abilities. How many frogs in the real world can generate a flash of light? I seriously cannot accept this creature as a normal animal.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I could see them as either regular animals or magical beasts. Their special ability appears to only slightly stretch disbelief of bioluminescence, and nothing indicates a magical origin, so I'm kinda leaning toward animal.

Mortis

First Post
Shade said:
Their special ability appears to only slightly stretch disbelief of bioluminescence, and nothing indicates a magical origin, so I'm kinda leaning toward animal.
That's my thinking too except I'm learning even more towards Animal than Shade. :)
Of couse if the majority want magical beast...

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd lean toward animal, as well, though I'm not too concerned. Otherwise, looking good, I guess.

Shade

Monster Junkie
3 votes for animal, 1 for magical beast. We'll proceed as animal for now, and can re-evaluate as we work on it.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
This needs abilities. Maybe STR 4, DEX 21, CON 8? For skills, maybe max out Hide or Move Silently. For feats, maybe toughness. What do you folks think?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Above, we were leaning towards Str 10, Con 16, Dex 15, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 7.

Agreed on Hide and Move Silently.

For the feat, how about Ability Focus (blinding flash), since it relies heavily on this ability?

Remove ads