Lizardfolks in Dragon #268

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx26

First Post
That looks very good. I would also give them a slower climb speed, perhaps 20 feet, as they are mentioned as very good climbers in the description.

For natural weapons I would go for tail and claws only, as they are basically vegies.

Plus the ability mods you wrote earlier and low-light vision, plus favored class druid and they are basically done.

Forget the thing about the climb speed, didn't realized you already had in in. But they should probably also gain the (aquatic subtype) as the description says:
Sea iguanids have gills and can stay underwater indefinitely.

or at least the sea variety should have them, but i don't think that one needs to distinguish between them, there are a lot of lizardfolk already now.

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Shade, could you put in the link to the homebrews page? Thanks! Discussion of these sounds good so far.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Iguanids are immensely adaptable and the most prolific of the lizard peoples. They change easily to meet the needs of their surroundings. The most common iguanids are the large tree-dwelling tribes, marked by their long tails and bright green scales. The northern rock iguanid tribes have dull gray or brown coloration, stronger limbs, and shorter tails. Island iguanids make their homes on rocky shores and can breathe water as well as air. They have heavy, lumpy bodies and heads and hard, brownish-green scales.

Island iguanids make their homes on rocky shores. Their heavy, lumpy bodies and heads are covered in hard, brownish-green scales. They have the Aquatic subtype and the amphibious special quality. They are otherwise identical to standard iguanids.

Do we want to differentiate the rock iguanids from the tree-dwellers via different skill modifiers? Or just leave the changes as flavor?

freyar

Rock iguanids only look different in flavor. If we want to change the skill bonuses, maybe decrease the climb speed and give them +2 Str?

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Rock iguanids only look different in flavor. If we want to change the skill bonuses, maybe decrease the climb speed and give them +2 Str?

Let's not tinker with the ability scores, since they were originally intended to not differ. Perhaps we could boost their Jump bonus and decrease the Balance bonus due to shorter tails?

Maxxx26

First Post
Is there a way to drop some stuff for the sea variety to get them all on the same LA? As I suspect that a swim speed and the ability to breath water is better than a climb speed.

freyar

Well, all of them have a swim speed, but maybe we could lower a skill bonus or something to account for the aquatic subtype. Shade can tell us if being aquatic counts for much in the LA department.

Shade

Monster Junkie
According to the Savage Species guidelines, having a swim speed and ability to breathe water only increase the LA in an aquatic-based campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads