• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24 (now 29) products announced so far for 08, what else will we see? (Now with 09!)

Roland55

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
Our plan has been to release slow and steady all along to spread out the material over the course of the edition instead of front loading the awesome as we did in 3e.

Good idea.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Well I'm good for the core, and perhaps one adventure in the first year, as my budget is not unlimited.

My players are looking for a good one-shot game that shows off the 4e rules & options (which we won't be playing until fall.) I'm really depending on Enworld for reviews on the early adventures vs making my own.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Raven Crowking said:
Mr. The Rouse,

One of the designer blogs mentioned the possibility of fully fleshing out the Forbidden City from 1e module I1: Dwellers of the Forbidden City. This is a product I would buy, whether or not I converted to 4e. Any idea if such a thing will ever exist?

RC

I am not sure but anything is possible. We have talked on several occasions about city ideas.

Can you point me to the blog post?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
TerraDave said:
This is what I hope is complete list of announced releases, including new ones scooped today, with amazon release dates:

Dungeons of Dread booster (D&D Miniatures Product): April 8 2008

D&D Miniatures Game Starter (D&D Miniatures Product): April 15, 2008

Keep on the Shadowfell: Adventure H1: May 20 2008

Player's Handbook: Jun 6, 2008

Dungeon Master's Guide: Jun 6, 2008

Monster Manual: Jun 6, 2008

Against the Giants: A Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Huge pack: Jul 15, 2008

Dungeons & Dragons Character Record Sheets: Jul 15, 2008

Halls of the Giant Kings: Dungeon Tiles: Jul 15, 2008

Dungeons & Dragons Premium Dice: Jul 15, 2008

Dungeons & Dragons for Dummies: July 21, 2008

Thunderspire Labyrinth: Adventure H2: Jul 15, 2008

Dungeon Master's Screen: Aug 19, 2008

D&D Icons: Gargantuan Dracolich (D&D Miniatures Product) Aug 19, 2008
this and a gargantuan orcus are on "hold"

Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide: Aug 19, 2008

Pyramid of Shadows: Adventure H3: Aug 19, 2008

Forgotten Realms Player's Guide: Sep 16, 2008

Scepter Tower of Spellgard: Adventure FR1: Sep 16, 2008

Tome of Treasures (Suplement): Sep 16, 2008

Dungeon Master's Guide - Deluxe Edition: Oct 21, 2008

King of the Trollhaunt Warrens: Adventure P1: Oct 21, 2008

Martial Power (Rules Expansion): Oct 21, 2008

Monster Manual - Deluxe Edition: Oct 21, 2008

Player's Handbook - Deluxe Edition: A 4th Edition Core Rulebook: Oct 21, 2008

Urban Lairs: DU1 - Dungeon Tiles: Oct 21, 2008

Edit: Demonweb booster:(minitures) Nov 7, 2008

Edit: Draconomicon I: Chromatic Dragons (Rules Expansion) Nov 18, 2008

Edit: Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Starter Set (Introductory Game) Nov 18, 2008

Edit: P2 Demon Queen’s Enclave Adventure Dec 2008

Edit: Manual of the Planes Accessory Dec 2008

I have updated the above, though I am not 100% sure on some of the minis & tyles.

Anyways, right now we have:

3 Core books. 2 FR books. 4 other (non-adventure) books. Deluxe versions of the core books. 6 Adventures. 4 Mini sets. Two intro products (the dummies book and starter set). 5 other accesories.

Thats 9 full sized books, so about 1 per month, as promised, pluss all the other stuff. One thing: there seems to be a pretty good balance between DM oriented products and PC oriented ones. Hopefully that will remain the case.

Darkwolf71

First Post
TerraDave said:
D&D Icons: Gargantuan Dracolich (D&D Miniatures Product) Aug 19, 2008
this and a gargantuan orcus are on "hold"
Whoa... wait a minute, Orcus is on hold? When did this happen?

Why WotC, WHY????

:weeps in anguish:

Raven Crowking

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
I am not sure but anything is possible. We have talked on several occasions about city ideas.

Can you point me to the blog post?

Scott,

Just to be clear, the idea of the fully fleshed out Forbidden City from 1e module I1: Dwellers of the Forbidden City was the absolutely first 4e product mentioned that made me think "I would buy that sight unseen". That would be, IMHO, an utterly fantastic product. Especially with a kick ass poster map.

Also, the blogger didn't say that such a thing would happen (so far as I remember), but that it was an exciting possibility (again, as far as I remember). This was, I believe, one of the WotC design team, early on after 4e was announced. I could probably find the blog again, possibly through the auspices of Google.

It might be http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drdd/20071005

RC

Remove ads