• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

24 (now 29) products announced so far for 08, what else will we see? (Now with 09!)

Roman

First Post
TerraDave said:
Ok, lets look into the future a little bit.

We seem to have

Manual of the Planes
Draconomicon
Arcane Powers
Divine Powers
PHBII
(psionic and nature?)
DMGII (no idea content)
MMII (more monsters, maybe some linked to psionics? eberon?)
Eberon Campaign Guide
Eberon Players Guide
P2, P3...
FR 2, FR 3...

Eb(eron) 1, Eb 2

Thats already more stuff (setting minis, tiles and things like that) then we have for 08. Will we see some in 08? (maybe a couple more adventures and another power book). Is it enough for 09? Too much?

Now lets get crazy:

Deities and Demigods (they have left the door to this wide open)
Faiths and Avatars ("")
Epic Level Handbook
Psionic Powers
Nature Powers
Tome of Spells (Tome of Powers? Tome of Power?)

Demonicon
Diabolical Codex
The Book of Horrid Aberations
The Book of nasty Undead
Battle/Mass Combat book/box set
Dragon Lance Campaign Setting
Oerth Campaing Setting
Al Qadim Book
Oriental Adventures

What else?

That's a pretty good list. "Primal Powers" is another candidate for a splatbook, though it may simply denote nature powers. There may also be some possibility of other campaign settings, such as Dark Sun, Planescape, Ravenloft or Birthright, but we will have to wait to see about that.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
TerraDave said:
What else?
A new Arms & Equipment Guide seems likely at some point.

And if there is going to be an Epic Level Handbook, then I wouldn't be surprised to see supporting books for the other two layers: a Hero Level Handbook and a Paragon Play Guide, with traps, monsters, NPCs, encounters, campaign ideas and DM tips tailored to those tiers of play.

vagabundo

Adventurer
I'd prefer if they had a new brand something like Worlds of DND. And release a nice hard back twice a year with an old setting (or new) and adventure path included and some DDI support

So we would have a nice little updated setting and new adventure all in one.

I'm thinking:
- Dark Sun (reboot)
- Ravenloft
- Al-Qadim
- Mystara/Hollow World

Release them as one off's and if they catch then release another module or two.

BadMojo

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
More Awesome

Like 10% More Awesome or 30-40% More Awesome?

Unrelated question to anyone who cares to answer. How is the first adventure out before the PHB? Quick start rules? Did I miss something?

drothgery

First Post
BadMojo said:
Unrelated question to anyone who cares to answer. How is the first adventure out before the PHB? Quick start rules? Did I miss something?

You missed something, but you guessed right about what you missed. Keep on the Shadowfell includes pre-gen characters and quick start rules.

Zurai

First Post
vagabundo said:
So we would have a nice little updated setting and new adventure all in one.

I'm thinking:
- Mystara/Hollow World

Release them as one off's and if they catch then release another module or two.

Oh, please please please revive Mystara! I recently found my old Wrath of the Immortals and Poor Wizard's Almanacs and have been having nostalgic fits.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Mr. The Rouse,

One of the designer blogs mentioned the possibility of fully fleshing out the Forbidden City from 1e module I1: Dwellers of the Forbidden City. This is a product I would buy, whether or not I converted to 4e. Any idea if such a thing will ever exist?

RC

Remove ads