24 (now 29) products announced so far for 08, what else will we see? (Now with 09!)

ThirdWizard

First Post
kennew142 said:
Yes, there will be a Manual of the Planes?
Yes, there will be a Draconomicon?

or

Yes, there have been unsubstantiated rumors?

All of the above! (I hope. ;))

By the way, TerraDave, you need to stop snooping around on my Amazon pre-order list. ;)

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Doug McCrae said:
What's the difference between the deluxe and standard versions?

If it's like the 3.5 ones, the differences are:

-Deluxe are leatherbound with ribbon
-$40 more expensive ($75 each vs. $34.95 each)
-Contain a letter from Bill S. saying "thanks."

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
SteveC said:
I would expect we will likely see similar splats for Arcane and Divine power sources. Those were unofficially scooped a month ago or so.

I hope, I really do, that we won't see all of them in 2008. Slow and steady releases of high quality are what I want out of 4E.

--Steve

Our plan has been to release slow and steady all along to spread out the material over the course of the edition instead of front loading the awesome as we did in 3e.

Cintra

First Post
The only Minis set listed is Dungeons of Dread in April. There should be two more sets by the end of the year, I guess they just haven't announced names for them yet?

Also, I don't see anything with a release date of November or December, so I'd guess there's more to come.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
Cintra said:
The only Minis set listed is Dungeons of Dread in April. There should be two more sets by the end of the year, I guess they just haven't announced names for them yet?

Also, I don't see anything with a release date of November or December, so I'd guess there's more to come.

Umm.

Against the Giants: A Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures Huge pack: Jul 15, 2008

and the third set would be in November which is Sir Not Appearing in This List.

Cintra

First Post
Doh!

Somehow I read that as if it were an Iconics pack, instead of what it is. Thank you, grimslade.

And "Sir Not Appearing In This List" would be an amazing theme for a minis set. Monty Python meets all-the-weird-critters-that-don't-fit-any-other-theme, maybe?

Mirtek

Hero
TerraDave said:
D&D Icons: Gargantuan Dracolich (D&D Miniatures Product) Aug 19, 2008
A gargantuan orcus is coming at some point instead
AFAIK you have switched it.

They first planed a gargantuan Orcus and even showed the first preview mini at some Con, but then they decided the Orcus was too expensive and we will get the dracolich instead

Remove ads