(2e AD&D) Dragons of Autumn Twilight- OOC (need someone to play Caramon)

Walking Dad

First Post

The vines are slippery and damp so a character who climbs down will have to make two DEX checks. A failed roll equals a long fall (20d6 dmg :eek:). Remember DEX checks for 2e are d20 roll your DEX or below to succeed. A thief may roll their climb walls instead at -15% due to the poor conditions.

Tying off each other to the rope will allow for two characters (the one both above and below the falling character) to attempt a STR check to keep the falling character from taking the group with him and that character is safe from the fall. (modifiers apply per falling character over one).

Example: Flint who is in third from the top fails his save. Tanis (below) and Sturm (above) each get to make a STR check. The first character rolls normal with failure meaning they are drag off the cliff as well. The second character rolls his check at a -1, and if he fails the next two would check at -2 and then -3 (and so on).

I think Raistlin can get down a lot easier than all that. ;)

This is the way down as climbing back up the sewer tube would be all but impossible. Good Luck.

Last time, all of us failed our Dex check, right???

I'm really glad Raist has another option...

But he will go last. No sense to get down when all the others lay dead on the ground :devil: ;)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Spells use casting times WD - And magic missile has a casting time of 1

Your INIT would be 8

Not sure about delaying I will have to look into it.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Looks like that is a no to delaying. The rules for causing a caster to lose their spell are so straight forward that giving the option makes them almost useless. If there was a chance to not lose a spell after being struck or failing a save then I guess it would have been added.

It is one of those things that 3e improved on from 2e I guess. So you may not delay/ready an attack or spell sorry.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Going to update tomorrow and push things through a couple rounds as the PCs will be busy trying to get free and the draconians need to be alerted.

After which I do believe we will be starting combat so warm up your e-dice.

HM

Remove ads