(2e AD&D) Dragons of Autumn Twilight- OOC (need someone to play Caramon)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shot I went to that link and I guess my comment didn't take. Been having problems with that off and on for the last week.

I wanted to say I saw an example that said something like -

Weaponsmith "I won;t sell anything to you men you are evil."
Bandit "We will kill you."
Weaponsmith "Which just means I won't be selling you anything."

It told it alot better but it made me laugh.

OK a NOTE on combat:

You need not add any modifiers to your d20 rolls to try and hit someone. Modifiers have already been figured into your THAC0.

Sorry SVZ you only hit AC -6 (which means you missed Ember by one YIKES :erm:) great hit LOL

I will start from here on out to list the monster's AC so you will know if you hit or not, and can post accordingly.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
And that is the third one too. Flint, Caramon and now Sturm?!? :erm:

Glad your getting these out of the way before you face draconians or the black dragon.

NOTE: regular d20 rules apply a 20 is always a hit and a 1 is always a miss sorry Orius (buck up you get two attacks next round :D).

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
LOL,

I have no clue but it looks like everyone is due to get one and then maybe IC will be warmed up enough to start giving everyone good rolls.

I needed at least one PC to be wounded for the meeting with Goldmoon and was worried it wouldn't happen. LOL Now I think you guys might look like a bunch of soilders come back from the Battle of Troy, all wrapped up with banadages and stuff. :p

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Just updated round two's post because I noticed Flint killed a goblin in that round. I saw the 1d20+1 and thought instantly it was a result of 1.

Ok a little about THACO and modifiers.

But first an example to help us out:

HP: 42
AC: 6 (studded leather armor, small shield)
Base THAC0: 18
WEAPONS:
handaxe +1 (Damage 1d6+2 S-M/1d4+2 L, THAC0 17]
dagger (Damage 1d4+1 S-M/1d3+1 L, THAC0 18 stab, 18 thrown)

Special:
extra attack with shield - hmm.. I might need to figure out how that works :blush:

OK you need not use any modifiers when you roll your dice they are already added to your Base THAC0.

So in the above combat block Flint has a BAse THAC0 of 18. So when using a dagger to stab some one his THAC0 is 18, no modifiers. But when he uses the magical hand axe +1 his THAC0 becomes 17 because the +1 is already added.

Now to hit these hobgoblins he needs to roll a d20 and get a 11 because they are AC5 and dwarves get a +1 to hit goblins.

Another Example: Caramon

HP: 51
AC: 5 (scale mail and shield)
Base THAC0: 15
WEAPONS:
longsword (Damage 1d8+5 S-M/1d12+5 L, THAC0 12)
spear (Damage 1d6+3 S-M/L, THAC0 13 stab, 15 thrown)
dagger (Damage 1d4+3 S-M/1d3+3 L, THAC0 13 stab, 15 thrown)

Special: Extra Attacks
longsword attacks = 3/2 attacks per round

Base THAC0 15 -
He has no DEX adjustment to missile weapons so when he throws his spear or dagger his THAC0 is still 15
But do to a +2 hit adjustment for high Strength his THACO drops to 13 for stabbing with both weapons.
His longsword THACO is 12 becasue of the +2 for STR, and +1 for weapon specialization

Caramon needs a 7 on a d20 to hit this hobgoblins and he still misses. :confused:

OK CLASS DISMISSED!!

HM

Remove ads