3.5 D&D: Into the Depths [OOC]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Vertexx69 said:
I've had a hankerin to play a mounted lance wielder for a while now. Maybe mix it up with something like Rogue3/Fighter2 Human.
I don't think your concept works too wel with a dungeon crawl. Also, no part of the adventure will take place outside of the dungeon. If you can give me a solid reason how you think it could work, I'll heavily consider it.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Vertexx69 said:
Ok thats the kind of info I was lookin for. Hmm maybe a spider riding halfling, that can ride on the walls? :cool:
If you know where I can get info on a harness that can strap you onto the spider, you're in luck.

Vertexx69

First Post
Its just an exotic saddle, like the aerial saddles for flying mounts. Theres probably some specific info on them in Underdark, but I don't have access to it.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Vertexx69 said:
Its just an exotic saddle, like the aerial saddles for flying mounts. Theres probably some specific info on them in Underdark, but I don't have access to it.
I gave away my copy about 2 months ago.
erm.gif

Arkhandus

First Post
Exotic saddles are in the PHB and don't really specify what kind of mount they are for; the price and weight are just for any kind of exotic saddle, be it a pegasus saddle or a bugbear saddle or a giant spider saddle.

Anyway, I suppose I may play, as a half-orc dragon shaman, a tweaked version of my elven rogue from IndustryGothica's aborted The Making of Heroes adventure, or a tweaked version of my dwarf cleric from Canadienne Bacon's aborted Temple of Elemental Evil campaign. The dwarf's basically a tower-shield-and-warhammer-sporting tank that heals. The rogue's a skill-monkey and offensive combat support. The half-orc would be a melee bruiser and secondary healer. Not sure yet which I'd play.

Ilium

First Post
Reveille said:
I knew you said Sorcerer, and that the variant is meant for the Wizard. But I figured, what the hell, you might like to have it instead. So yes, take it if you wish.

Also, here's some food for thought:

[smallcaps]Lingering Summons [General][/smallcaps]
Creatures you summon are particularly tough to dispel.
Prerequisite: Spellcraft 8 ranks, Greater Spell Focus (Conjuration)
Benefit: Add 2 to the DC of any caster level check made to dispel all creatures that you summon.

Cool. Started on the character. As Vertexx points out, as a sorcerer I don't have 3rd level spells. That's a drag, but for a PbP I really don't want to deal with the headaches of determining the spellbook, and how much it costs, etc. Besides, I think I smell a lot of encounters coming. Many slots good. :)

Lingering Summons looks good, but I want to consult my Complete Arcane and Complete Mage for summoning goodness. So far for feats I've got Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Augment Summoning and Improved Initiative (to go with Rapid Summoning for getting my conjurations to act before the bad guys and in flanking position before my allies) That leaves me with two feats yet to pick.

Halford

First Post
Well I'm up for either the Rogue or Cleric roles, my preference being Rogue mainly because I play a lot of Clerics.

Rogue would be a Halfling super sniper using cover to hide and sneak attack almost constantly. I would probably use the Halfling rogue sublevels from races of stone giving me additional ranged sneak attack damage die at the expense of melee sneak attack.

As for a Cleric I would probably go with a human battle Cleric of St Cuthbert, taking extra smiting for the destruction domain, etc.

Let me know if I'm in and I will stat out one of those in a jiffy.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ilium said:
Cool. Started on the character. As Vertexx points out, as a sorcerer I don't have 3rd level spells. That's a drag, but for a PbP I really don't want to deal with the headaches of determining the spellbook, and how much it costs, etc. Besides, I think I smell a lot of encounters coming. Many slots good. :)

Lingering Summons looks good, but I want to consult my Complete Arcane and Complete Mage for summoning goodness. So far for feats I've got Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, Augment Summoning and Improved Initiative (to go with Rapid Summoning for getting my conjurations to act before the bad guys and in flanking position before my allies) That leaves me with two feats yet to pick.
The 'Summon Elemental' reserve feat from comp mage is nice. And it boosts your CL for summoning spells.

Last edited:

Remove ads