3.5 D&D: Into the Depths [OOC]

Ilium

First Post
Walking Dad said:
The summon elemental resrve feat from comp mage is nice. and it boosts your CL for summoning spells.
Bing! We have a winner! Thanks, WD. I'll look up the details on it tonight.

Vertexx69

First Post
Another summoning feat to consider is Imbue Summoning from PHBII, it lets you cast a 0-3 lvl spell as a quickened action to buff the summons for +1 lvl spell slot.

Are we using standard wealth by lvl or some custom amount?

What is this bloodline progression that you're showing in your houserules?

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Halford said:
Are flaws from Unearthed Arcana and the SRD going to be allowed? And if so how many are we permitted, etc.
Sorry, no flaws.

Vertexx69 said:
Are we using standard wealth by lvl or some custom amount?

What is this bloodline progression that you're showing in your houserules?
Yup. Standard wealth for level. The only three columns that apply to these characters are the first, the sixth and the seventh. The rest of the info for the whole table remains the same from the PHB.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Rhun said:
What role are you still looking to fill? I have a bunch of old PCs laying around looking for a home.
Well, the warrior role has been filled so right now the group needs a rogue, a cleric and one arcane caster type.

Ilium

First Post
Reveille said:
Well, the warrior role has been filled so right now the group needs a rogue, a cleric and one arcane caster type.
I think I feel slighted. :)

My conjurer's coming along. I can't take the Summon Elemental feat because it has a prerequisite of "able to cast 4th-level spells". However, I did find Cloudy Conjuration in Complete Mage. It lets me create a 1-square cloud that sickens living things any time I conjure something. The cloud lasts for one round, can appear on or adjacent to me, or on or adjacent to the thing I conjure. Doesn't raise spell level. Prerequisite is Spell Focus (Conjuration) which I am taking anyway to qualify for Augment Summoning.

Vertexx69

First Post
Wow, finding a small size race that doesn't have a minus to strength is tough. How do you feel about the earth mephling (+1 LA from the planar Handbook)?

Arkhandus

First Post
How do we determine hit points?

I guess I'll fill the cleric role, just so nobody else has to. Here's a tweaked and updated version of Gerak Steelriven.

Background excluded since I'm assuming it's not terribly relevant to the dungeon crawl. Patron deity left out since no Core deity matches up with the domains Gerak took as a pillar of Drendd in Lanai. So for now I'm assuming he's just an ideaologist cleric or something. Sacred Healing and Sacred Purification are from PHB II. Assuming half max HP per level after 1st for now. Gear will be added after I finish adjusting it for 5th-level.

Gerak Steelriven.......................Male Dwarf
Strength............17 (+3)...........Character Level: 5, Cleric 5, XP: 15,000
Dexterity...........10 (+0)..............Medium-Size, Speed 20 ft. (x3 if running)
Constitution......17 (+3)............Initiative: +0, BAB: +3, Grapple: +6
Intelligence.......13 (+1)............Melee: +6, Ranged: +3
Wisdom...........16 (+3)............Total HP: 39, Current HP: 39, Nonlethal: 0
Charisma..........12 (+0)............Fortitude: +8*, Reflex: +2*, Will: +8*
*Extra +2 bonus against spells or spell-like effects, and +2 against poison

AC: 20 (+0 Dex, +6 armor, +4 shield), Touch AC: 10, Flat-Footed AC: 18
Alignment: Lawful Good, Age 70, Height 4'-2", Weight 163 lbs.
Deep Tan Skin, Dark Grey Eyes, Braided Red Hair & Beard

Languages (Literate): Celestial, Common, Dwarven, Terran.
Proficiencies: All simple weapons, bludgeoning weapons, axes, armors, and shields.
Level Progression Feats: Tower Shield Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Warhammer), Weapon Focus (Warhammer), Sacred Healing, Sacred Purification.

Skills: Concentration +11 (8 ranks, +3 Con), Craft (blacksmithing) +4 (1 rank, +1 Int, +2 racial), Heal +4 (1 rank, +3 Wis), Knowledge (arcana) +2 (1 rank, +1 Int), Knowledge (history) +2 (1 rank, +1 Int), Knowledge (religion) +6 (5 ranks, +1 Int), Knowledge (the planes) +2 (1 rank, +1 Int), Speak Language (1 rank cross-class, Celestial), Spellcraft +5 (4 ranks, +1 Int).

Racial Traits: Medium-size humanoid (dwarf), +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma, base Speed 20 feet, Speed is not reduced by medium or heavy armor nor by medium or heavy loads, Darkvision 60 feet, Stonecunning +2, weapon familiarity with dwarven waraxes and dwarven urgroshes, Stability grants +4 on ability checks to resist trip or bull rush attempts when standing on the ground, +2 on saves against poison, +2 on saves against spells and spell-like effects, +1 to attack rolls versus orcs or goblinoids, +4 dodge bonus to AC against Giants, +2 Appraise related to stone or metal items, +2 Craft related to stone or metal, fighter is favored class.
Ability Score Development: 32 point buy, for base scores of 15 (8 pts), 9 (1 pt), 14 (6 pts), 12 (4 pts), 15 (8 pts), and 13 (5 pts). Racial adjustments as a dwarf result in total base scores of 15, 9, 16, 12, 15, and 11. Level increase at 2nd made Strength 16, level increase at 5th made the scores 17, 10, 17, 13, 16, and 12.

Aura (Ex): Has a particularly powerful aura of Lawful Good, as noted in Detect Magic.
Domains: Healing domain and Protection domain. Healing domain adds +1 effective caster level for Conjuration (Healing) spells. Protection domain grants a protective ward useable once per day, as a supernatural ability that lasts for 1 hour or until discharged, providing a resistance bonus equal to the cleric's level (+5) on one touched creature's next saving throw. Healing domain spell list is Cure Light Wounds, Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds, Cure Critical Wounds, Mass Cure Light Wounds, Heal, Regenerate, Mass Cure Critical Wounds, and Mass Heal. Protection domain spell list is Sanctuary, Shield Other, Protection from Energy, Spell Immunity, Spell Resistance, Antimagic Field, Repulsion, Mind Blank, and Prismatic Sphere.
Turn Undead (Su): May turn undead up to 4 times per day, with turning checks of 1d20+1+2 and turning damage of 2d6+5+1, after turning check synergy from Knowledge (religion).

Cleric Spells: Casts prepared divine spells, casts spontaneous Cure spells, caster level of 5, spellcasting is based on Wisdom, gets a domain* slot of each spell level except 0-level, must use a holy symbol for many spells, and must pray for spells at dawn.
Prepared Spells (typical adventuring): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light, Purify Food and Drink, Bless, Cure Light Wounds*, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith, Lesser Restoration, Remove Paralysis, Shield Other*, Spiritual Weapon, Cure Serious Wounds*, Invisibility Purge, Protection from Energy.

Remove ads