40K d20 Conversion

I think he isn't posting flavour text to help avoid liturgation. I suspect most poeple who are really intrested in this setting will know the background anyway.

The other allegiances offer a contact in that group (or race or whatnot) that provide equipment and other resources.

Ah, ooops.

The suggestion of +1 to charisma based skills seems a good idea, like the taker's PrC's bonus. Maybe combined with a +1 to will saves (for will power) depending on how important you forsee the equipment issue being.

I was going to post more, but your site has exceeded it's data transfer :(

hellbender

First Post
The Furious Puffin said:
I think he isn't posting flavour text to help avoid liturgation. I suspect most poeple who are really intrested in this setting will know the background anyway.

I don't think there would be any litigation as long as the flavour text was done in one's own words. Games Workshop lets quite a bit get away on fan wargame and fan fiction sites. Plagarism is the thing to avoid. Some people are also either marginally interested in the setting and want to know more, or would like to be convinced of why they should play 40k as a D20 game.

If you make people fill in their own background setting, just as well make your own generic campaign and not even be concerned with the 40K universe. The idea is to encourage people to play your setting or at least consider it, you are a salesperson, even if you are giving away your merchandise. Make up an Eldar warlord bent on reclaiming a world gone to Chaos. Have the local Mad Suns out to test their newest shade of red.

hellbender

Shran

First Post
Thanks...

...for all the thoughtful replies.

Maybe I should look into getting hosted somewhere with better data transfer limits... suggestions?

Remove ads