[4e] Fallen OOC (Full)

Sparky

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well!

Not to taint the cheer of the above message, but after thinking about it, I've decided to put aside my DMing of PbP games. I've tried a number of these over the years and I think that PbP may not be a good format for me to DM. I've leapt some hurdles with each game I've gotten started, the next - one day - will be to keep a game active and going. For now, I think it's time to cut bait. Sorry to end this abruptly, I've very much enjoyed playing with you guys and REALLY liked the characters you put together.

If you're curious about where the game was going, let me know, I'll give you the skinny. What skinny I have.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hi Sparky,

Thanks for this. I won't say I am not disappointed. I thought your process of selection was gruelling, but in the end it produced at the start some of the richest characters I have seen on these boards. It's too bad we didn't get outside of the arena, as the idea of a campaign centered around mounts was appealing, and of course I'd be interested to see where it was going. But things seem always to stall in this first (or sometimes second) fight.

I hope you decide to cast your line in again sometime, and when you do, I hope I get to be part of the party.

Happy new Year.

Kobold Stew.

eblue562

First Post
I too and very saddened by this news. You have taught me many techniques and tips for improving my DM'ing skills. I thank you for this, and while it was a short run with Rodeh, I got to see some of the awesome powers of the Warden class.

Thanks again, hope you still lurk around here!

renau1g

First Post
Sorry to hear it as well Sparky. I enjoyed reading along.

If you, or anyone else here, wishes to try another 4e PbP game I'd suggest the living worlds (if you haven't already seen them). Both 4e ones are in my sig.

Good Luck in the new year all!

Sparky

Thanks, guys. I really did enjoy this while it lasted.

Okay, so after the gladiatorial matches (recreating key elements of Arcosian victories over Bal Turat) the crew were going to be named the personal bodyguard of the Emperor's son. They were then gonna load up on airships bound for the front (hearing strange bellows as creatures they never saw were loaded onto the ship).

The airship fleet was sabotaged! They ended up WAY off course in a stormy northern realm. The airships were destroyed down to the last and the PCs would begin the first 'real' adventure of the campaign in freefall. Also in freefall were a number of obstacles to be avoided and - a half-dozen wardrakes. The wardrakes had been hobbled for the journey and couldn't fly or really move. As the PCs freed them (if not out of any noble motivations, then out of hope that freeing a flying creature was the only way to not die) the wardrakes would bond telepathically with their rescuers (something that none of the PCs knew could happen with wardrake mounts).

Where they landed after the fact, I hadn't really decided. What happened to any of the other passengers on the ships, I also hadn't really decided. The land into which they fell was a stormy, wild place with giants, orca, goblins and varied natural dangers.

Because at that point the PCs could do anything at all (with flying mounts lots of things change), I hadn't planned too much beyond that. Hooks, of course for Rodeh, with giantish enslavement of dwarves. Goblin hooks for Pirx. Prophecies about dragonriders, etc. Folks coveting the wardrakes. I hadn't decided how lizardy the wardrakes were, so hadn't decided if the climate would impact them or not.

The orcs and the giants were at war, so if the PCs got involved there, the orcs might have been allies. I had no expectation that the group would feel any allegiance to Arcosia or the war with Bal Turat, so I didn't expect that to crop up, but I did have ideas there too.

In broad strokes, that's where we were headed.

Remove ads