[4e] Risen OOC (Full)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I wasn't sure that anyone would see the message over here. I posted the message imploring Sparky to take charge here 3 days ago and zip. For all I know, he never read this thread in that timeframe. If he did read it and couldn't be bothered to post a quick response, then I definitely don't want him as a DM. If he didn't read it, then it doesn't matter. He's a no show (dead, dying, or whatever) and the campaign is in the toilet anyway.

Sorry, but I have better things to do with my time than go check threads with no activity on them, especially if the DM is going to be a no show.

Feel free to disagree.

10 days is ridiculous for no messages whatsoever, either in threads or via PMs.

And, I'm not mad. Just bored. Just unwilling to throw good time after bad. zzzzzzz

This entire campaign took over a month to get started and then it totally fizzled. What a total waste of mine and everyone else's time. If such a slow pace suits you, great. It doesn't suit me and I don't feel the overwhelming need to be politically correct about it. The track record for the timeliness of this entire campaign has been pretty darn lame. I prefer to play in games where the people actually interact in a timely basis and if they have an issue, they post a message explaining it. YMMV.

Note: Sparky and I had PMs over this. He wanted more character development and I wanted an actual game to character develop in. He got mad at me, but them's the breaks. I'm not wasting my time doing stuff considering the track record of this campaign until the track record improves. The writing was on the wall from day one. You guys are probably screwed here if you actually wanted to play in a reasonable timeframe.

Sparky

In point of fact, KD, I didn't get mad. I was rational and reasonable and I thought we'd come to an understanding.

I've had a lot of things come up in the past couple weeks that have not only limited the amount of time that I can spend on leisure activities, but also the amount of time I have available to spend at a computer in the first place.

I don't like short-changing my games, but my games are pretty low on the priority list.

There's no excuse for letting this thread languish, I do apologize. And I doubly apologize for not getting KD into the action at all. I started this game especially for you, KD, because and in spite of the of the s***storm at Insight's game. I had no real intentions of starting another game (I have two - both languishing), but wanted you to get a taste of PbP. I haven't made a great case for it and I'm sorry to all of you for that. PbP DMs know the challenges and know the right and wrong ways of handling things. I've gaffed here. But I'll try to keep things moving.

KD, if you're still reading this and want to play, please post - otherwise I'm calling in Keia.

Keia, you're on deck.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I'll stick for a few more days, but I'm really only staying if it improves. I realize that some of that is out of your control Sparky, but much of it is within your control. People will follow your lead. Games languish for a reason. Take charge. Move us forward. Don't stop.

And if you have a time issue, let us know.

Sparky

I've posted an update. Everyone should be in the action now. Generally I can post on weekends, so I will be watching the threads.

Sparky

Keep the posts coming. I like the tangle of questions and insights--- who? wha? hey, what's-- hunh? where? um? look!

If you've a question, just ask.

@okdaddio/Mataken: It does appear to be, as the tiefling has guessed, a resurrection ritual (resurrection rituals are very uncommon, but Mataken recognizes the trappings). And also that there are some different elements in play. Some arcane, some necromantic (naturally). What those might mean or how they might influence the ritual, Mataken doesn't know.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I'm actually waiting for the DM to post.

For example, okdaddio posted a religion check 2.5 days ago and zip response in the other thread.

The DM should be posting every single day in the IC thread and immediately if someone tries a skill check. Otherwise, people just sit back and wait.

I don't want to do that.

The DM should not wait for other people to post. He's got to keep the game moving because people look to the DM for info. And it doesn't have to be super wonderful prose. Just a few sentences to keep the game moving.

Also, the DM should not be putting in game information into this OOC thread. I just accidently saw that it had an update. I don't look for IC game info here. It doesn't make sense to have IC info in two places cause everyone is not going to look in both.

I expect the game to be run in the other thread, not this one. This thread is for miscellaneous stuff, not IC stuff.

If the DM is not going to post every day, how can he expect the players to do so???

If the DM expects people to just write tons of stuff, we already know that this group is not doing that. 36 posts in 36 days between 6 people is super slow guys.

Let's fish or cut bait Sparky.

Two people walked closer to the corpse. Describe what we see now that we are closer. Or describe that we see nothing more than you've already mentioned. Don't wait for people who are not posting at all.

Do SOMETHING!

Sparky

@everyone: It should be noted that KD has a basically endless capacity for OOC posting. I don't. That said...

1. I don't typically post on the weekends. I do watch the threads everyday. I can't always post.

2. Both threads - IC and OOC - are meant for communication. In general I'll post things to the IC thread, but sometimes, because I'm pressed I'll post to OOC.

3. You should all be subscribed to both threads and use both for the game.

KD: I am fishing. I guess I'm more a fly-fishing type - you know, happy to be out on the river, casting.

I appreciate the feedback, but not the harranguing of me or of the other players - that said, games are better when folks post.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
@everyone: It should be noted that KD has a basically endless capacity for OOC posting. I don't. That said...

What are you talking about? I just want the game in second gear.

1. I don't typically post on the weekends. I do watch the threads everyday. I can't always post.

You watch the threads do what every day? Nothing???

Start posting on weekends. Why should the game stop because it's a Saturday? That's illogical. If a given player does not have access to a computer on a weekend, he or she can tell us that. But, nobody has said that.

2. Both threads - IC and OOC - are meant for communication. In general I'll post things to the IC thread, but sometimes, because I'm pressed I'll post to OOC.

Pressed to post??? What does that mean? You cannot write in the IC thread, but you can write in the OOC thread??? Sorry, but that does not make sense.

3. You should all be subscribed to both threads and use both for the game.

Yes. IC in IC thread. OOC in OOC thread. Don't mix and match.

KD: I am fishing. I guess I'm more a fly-fishing type - you know, happy to be out on the river, casting.

And how difficult was it for you to post in the OOC thread that you would not be posting for three days?

I appreciate the feedback, but not the harranguing of me or of the other players - that said, games are better when folks post.

Harranguing?

To ask the DM to move the game along is harranguing?

Is it that much to ask for you to move the game along? To actually respond to people's threads in a timely manner?

Is it too much to ask that is people sign up to play a game (including the DM), that they actually post in a timely manner? That's a committment. It's not that hard to find 5 minutes in a day to post. Why even start the game if you cannot dedicate 5 to 10 minutes per day on it? Why string everyone along???

I'm telling you (for the third or fourth time now) that as a player, I am totally dissatisfied with the pace of the game. The other players aren't going to pick up the pace if the DM is not going to. They follow the lead of the DM.

I am playing in another game that averages 8 posts per day. This game averages 1. The DM is averaging one post every 5 days. That's unacceptable. That's a total lack of committment. Everyone is just waiting and that is mostly caused by the DM waiting and not posting.

So I will ask again. Please fix it.

Remove ads