[4e] Risen OOC (Full)

Sparky

Good news and bad news.

Good: I advanced to Round 2 in Iron DM.
Bad: I advanced to Round 2 in Iron DM.

If you have a good opinion of me, don't read my entry. Or the judgement on my entry. I blew it. It's just that I blew it less than my opponent. :/

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Sparky, I'm a little confused on the languages.

You listed gray for Nethyr(Common) and DimGray for OCC, but then used the opposite colors in your example.

Also, could we use some brighter colors for some of the text?

Us old guys or people with bad monitors might have a problem with some of the DarkRed, Indigo, DarkSlateGray, and DimGray colors.

Sparky

Sparky, I'm a little confused on the languages.

You listed gray for Nethyr(Common) and DimGray for OCC, but then used the opposite colors in your example.

Just oversight. I fixed the examples.

Also, could we use some brighter colors for some of the text?

Us old guys or people with bad monitors might have a problem with some of the DarkRed, Indigo, DarkSlateGray, and DimGray colors.

I took my time picking these colors and I'm happy with the set. If there's a block of text that's hard to read, I suggest highlighting it. I won't be printing pages and pages and pages of text in most instances, anyway.

For OOC stuff, I'd be fine with making it normal size.

Sparky

Oh, right. Duh.

I forgot some of you guys are new to this.

So. You can post at the IC thread now. We're not in a situation that calls for initiative just yet, so you're welcome to write your In Character (IC) responses to the situation. Generally speaking, I'll let everyone reply to a given post, but if someone is taking several days (or has let me know in advance they'll be offline or unable to post), I'll go ahead and push on forward.

General guidlines for what sorts of things to post are not too different from a tabletop game: don't assume success or failure, ask if you have questions, don't post actions or responses for characters that aren't yours (that includes me, in general I won't post for your character unless you're absent, though I may take small liberties from time to time).

NOTE: It is not required that you finish your Character Development Challenges before you post your first actions in the IC thread.

Sparky

Also, unless I call for initiative or say we're entering a skill challenge, you're free to post your in-character interactions. In fact, I encourage you to do so. If I need you guys to slow down, I'll let you know.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Generally speaking, I'll let everyone reply to a given post, but if someone is taking several days (or has let me know in advance they'll be offline or unable to post), I'll go ahead and push on forward.

PLEASE do so.

Let's rock and roll Sparky. If someone doesn't post for 48 hours, move the game onward.

okdaddio

First Post
@KarinsDad: I know this is the internet and there is no door to slam when you leave a room all mad, but posting your farewell snipe in the IC thread seems cheap. I'm sure you still had this thread subscribed and/or bookmarked - no need to crap on the rest of the group's (delayed) fun.

I'm giving Sparky the benefit of the doubt, although 10 days is a long no show. What's going on Sparky?

Remove ads