[4e] IG's Herald of Discord [RECRUITING CLOSED]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
[sblock=Creation Guidelines]Level 2 - This is to keep in line with the above narrative, in that you've obviously been adventuring together for some time.

22 point buy
Races: PHB only. No exceptions.
Classes: PHB only, or barbarian from Dragon Magazine playtest article.
Other allowed sources: None

Start with:
1 magic item of 3rd level
1 magic item of 2nd level
1 magic item of 1st level
360 gold pieces

Other rules for starting above 1st: DMG 143.[/sblock]
Okay didn't see this before. I don't have the DMG so what exactly do I need to know?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
D'oh. I guess I should have waited to see if I got a spot before I made a character.

I guess you are an alt... it wouldn't be THAT hard to beef up the second group to use 6 players... Oh boy... It's gotten to the point I can't tell what pbp game I'm playing in or GMing.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hm! So okay...

A cleric, a paladin, a warlock and a ranger...and me.

I see room for a melee basher, and a controller.

Dang, I don't know which would be better, partywise. I love wizards in 4e, so that's easy...but I just got Martial Power too...and there's a lot of good stuff in there.

Hm!

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I'm technically running 4 games right now. I'm swamped. I'm not feeling this character either. Can Oni have my spot? He said he could do Wizard, which you could use.

Shayuri

First Post
Meep...I was just about to take wizard. Hee hee.

But that's cool. If you don't want to do a ranger, I could totally do that. I'd love to try a Beastmaster ranger from Martial Power...

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm technically running 4 games right now. I'm swamped. I'm not feeling this character either. Can Oni have my spot? He said he could do Wizard, which you could use.

Oni can absolutely have your spot if you can't do it right now. Thanks for being straight-up about it and not just disappearing without notice.

Shayuri - I'm not in the habit of telling you no, but I'm going to have to remind you that that Player's Handbook is the only approved source this time. Sorry. If you still want to to do a wizard, go for it. Nothing says there can't be two.

Reveille - Honestly, nothing. As long as you follow the guidelines I posted, and keep track of how many powers you're supposed to have, you'll be golden. Those rules are mainly for characters starting out in much later levels, and tell you how many of which type of powers you're supposed to have and such. Quite handy, really... but not necessarily prudent in this case.

Shayuri

First Post
Meep! My bad! Sorry about that. Forgot about that restriction or I wouldn't have even floated the idea. :)

Well shucks...I've already got a rogue and an archery ranger in other games, so I dunno if I want to tread those paths again.

But I find that there really aren't enough spells, particularly at low levels, for two wizards not to step on each other's toes. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Oni, what do you think? You called it first, so I'm happy to cede wizard to ya...

Oni

First Post
Charwoman Gene, thankyou. :)

I'd be happy to play a dwarven infernal pact warlock, with a little multi dip in mage, that should be sufficiently unique from either a straight wizard or an eladrin starlock.

I just realized as I sat down to suggest this though that there can only be one warlock curse on any given target which is probably an issue. Am I reading it right that a lock can gain extra curse damage on a target even if someone else cursed it? If Reveille doesn't mind sharing pact boons a bit I'll go this route, though we should both stay away from the rod of corruption then probably. :)

Remove ads