• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] IG's Herald of Discord [RECRUITING CLOSED]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Charwoman Gene, thankyou. :)

I'd be happy to play a dwarven infernal pact warlock, with a little multi dip in mage, that should be sufficiently unique from either a straight wizard or an eladrin starlock.

I just realized as I sat down to suggest this though that there can only be one warlock curse on any given target which is probably an issue. Am I reading it right that a lock can gain extra curse damage on a target even if someone else cursed it? If Reveille doesn't mind sharing pact boons a bit I'll go this route, though we should both stay away from the rod of corruption then probably. :)

Oh, no. There's almost no chance that either of you will run across a rod of corruption and subsequently fall into a duel of curses, thus raising tension among party members and likely sending the whole group into a shattered mess. No, that's not likely to happen at all... :angel:

----------------
On another note, let's talk a bit about format while you all get your characters finished up.

As I said before, this will be a conglomeration of various scenarios, their only similar trait being their randomness. Each scenario will likely consist of anywhere from 1-5 encounters, with the average being around three each. Each scenario will typically afford you the opportunity for an extended rest before the next, though there may be exceptions to that rule. After roughly ten encounters (about 3-5 scenarios) characters will level and continue on their journey through the Herald of Discord.

In a perfect world I'd like to make each scenario a separate thread, with one linking to the other via the last post of the last scenario. There will also be permanent links to completed scenarios in the first post of a fresh OOC thread. I'm only wondering if this may be considered overkill with all the different old threads cluttering up things. What do you think? I'm really trying to avoid irritating the administration here, obviously.

Shayuri

First Post
Alright...wizard it is. :)

I may be delayed until tomorrow...getting some Thanksgiving slowdown here, but once the holiday actually hits, I'll have time to finish up and post.

industrygothica

Adventurer
A question: Where do I find starting wealth for Level 2 characters?

Start with:
1 magic item of 3rd level
1 magic item of 2nd level
1 magic item of 1st level
360 gold pieces

As far as mundane equipment goes, just pick up what you need within reason and don't worry about cost--you'll have to be on your honor there because I'm especially worried about it myself. Anything that might be considered non-standard or out of the ordinary you can pay for out of the 360 gp. Hope that helps.

I've got the technical bits for the first scenario ready to go, I just need to make a battlemap for it. That shouldn't take too long once I finally sit down to do it, but with the festivities coming up it most definitely won't be today, and likely not tomorrow either. I suppose that really depends on how much beer I drink tomorrow, and how hacked off I get at the Cowboys. I suppose the worse they do the better the odds of me shutting it off and making a map instead. ;)

In any case, I'm looking at a start date by Monday at the latest, but hopefully closer to Saturday (assuming everyone has access on the weekends).

-IG

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I've got the technical bits for the first scenario ready to go, I just need to make a battlemap for it. That shouldn't take too long once I finally sit down to do it, but with the festivities coming up it most definitely won't be today, and likely not tomorrow either. I suppose that really depends on how much beer I drink tomorrow, and how hacked off I get at the Cowboys. I suppose the worse they do the better the odds of me shutting it off and making a map instead. ;)

I'll pray the the Cowboys have a decent game and don't get their butts kicked too much. ;) :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
I posted a character sheet.

Since Shayuri's doing the wiz I went ahead and finished up the lock.

At first glance--and I don't have a book in front of me--it looks like your initiative is off, unless there's something I'm not seeing. I don't think you're supposed to add half your character level to initiative.

10 Dex and no improved initiative feat is +0. Otherwise it looks good.

On another note, I've spent the last 45 minutes or so on this sleepless night (but the baby's back asleep now, at least) making the map for the first scenario. At least now the Cowboys have no impact on how it turns out.

So I guess I'm ready to start whenever everyone else is...

Oni

First Post
It seemed odd to me at first that you would, but I've double checked and it is the case. pg.267

I'm looking forward to starting. :)

BTW in answer to your earlier question about having multiple threads, I can't imagine it would be a problem, since I don't think there would be people bumping the threads once we were finished with them, so they'll just all away once they're out of use. Though personally I think I would just prefer one thread I can subscribe too simply as a matter of convenience.

Oni

First Post
Just wanted to let you know that I changed my character around a little bit, I wanted to make him more dwarfy so I set him up with some more melee enabling stats. I'm pretty eager to see how it actually plays. :)

Remove ads