• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5e Large-Print Character Sheet

Dalryn

Villager
[MENTION=98008]Unwise[/MENTION], the oldest just turned 70, and two more are in their 60s. We had to move a friend into the nursing home because his health was deteriorating, so we visit once a month to play a session in the conference room. My wife and I are in our 40s, and the other two players are the daughter and son-in-law (twentysomethings) of the septuagenarian and his wife.

The seniors and myself got started around the same time ('78). If you look at the first-comers to the hobby (Gygax, Mentzer, Ward, Arneson, et al), they are indeed pushing 70.

Warunsun

First Post
Does such a beast exist?
One of my players is legally blind. One of the best sheets I have found was here on EnWorld but I had to do some cropping in Adobe Acrobat. This sheet is the Old School 5e Character Sheet by Wangalade. First I loaded it up in Acrobat and duplicated the single page into two duplicates. Then I used "Document->Crop Pages" and cut out each section or page so that it filled the screen. I followed up by printing with "Fit to Printable Area". On normal letter size it increases 130% larger and the sheet has tons of white space and largish details anyway. I usually print it to Legal Sized paper for him where it increases 160% larger. He was playing D&D back in the 80's when those blue sheets were getting used so he also gets the kick out of the Old School design as well. It is definitely an OSR style sheet but functions well enough for him.

Bayonet

First Post
[MENTION=98008]Unwise[/MENTION], the oldest just turned 70, and two more are in their 60s. We had to move a friend into the nursing home because his health was deteriorating, so we visit once a month to play a session in the conference room. My wife and I are in our 40s, and the other two players are the daughter and son-in-law (twentysomethings) of the septuagenarian and his wife.

The seniors and myself got started around the same time ('78). If you look at the first-comers to the hobby (Gygax, Mentzer, Ward, Arneson, et al), they are indeed pushing 70.

Not much to add, other than to say that this is pretty awesome. Glad to hear those guys and gals are still rolling dice, and that you're running a game for them.

Good job, man!

Dalryn

Villager
It's no biggie, they are my longtime friends that just happened to be older than me when I met them. It must be a pattern. When I was 15 I ran an Arduin game for the 30something couple in the apartment downstairs. I could be bribed with taco Doritos back then :)

fewilcox

First Post
As a Librarian, I can tell you that "large print" in a book is considered about 16 points at a minimum. I've seen as large as 20 point, but that's pretty unusual. Here's a sheet I made for my group - Note that the SKILLS section has been redone, as we got rid of "tools" and redid a few other skills to suit us better, so you'd have to redo it. But the rest should be fine...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ecDpbDwounTWx6eWdySTFZaWc/view?usp=sharing
Since I've been using OpenOffice since it was called StarOffice and its various components were all integrated (like MS Works was 20 years ago), I am very well-acquainted with Writer and Calc (which I've used to make all of my roleplaying aids), but know next to nothing about Draw and Base, so this'll be a good jumpstart. Thanks.

Remove ads