D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Axel

First Post
None on my part. Thanks [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]. :)
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
There are too many skills I need and not enough slots... Deception and stealth are fixed with her background. I can't build a melee character in good faith without acrobatics or athletics. Witchers only have one more skill. Insight seemed to fit her more than perception, though perception was last to be crossed off.

But yes, the mechanical optimiser in me wanted to take perception...

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, fair enough. Your Wisdom is good enough that you won't be terrible at spotting traps. And we can always have our Druid check out doors before you step in to disarm them.

Axel

First Post
I hope so, anyway. 5e is the massive random edition, so a proficiency bonus isn't as useful as it might be in Pathgrinder. As in, +3 is a pretty good bonus for normal traps. With a "stand in "rogue, we would struggle with super traps anyway...

I've just noticed as well... We don't have a common language as a party. While this could be good fun, it can make things an epic pain as well... :-/

Talashia has Nilgaardian and Gnomish. Fergus has Common and his barbarian Island native language. Darius has Common and Elder Speech. Looks like Kynee bridges the gap with Common and Nilfgaardian. I assure you, she will tire of the role quickly...
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] - is common a language something like Latin during the Roman Empire? Few people speak it as their "mother tongue" but almost everybody knows enough to get by?

Axel

First Post
Sorry - I was about to make my first RP post and was trying to decide between common and Nilfgaardian. I still don't know - Darius and Talashia don't have a language between them and we've been travelling together for some time.

If people are fine with it, I am too. Exasperation will show with Kynee though! :)

Quickleaf

Legend
Axel said:
@Quickleaf - is common a language something like Latin during the Roman Empire? Few people speak it as their "mother tongue" but almost everybody knows enough to get by?
Common is pretty widespread in the setting, though there are certainly enclaves where it isn't widely spoken. It's the lingua franca of the North, whereas Nilfgaardian in the lingua franca in Nilfgaard. Hope that answers your question.

EDIT: And everyone in your party speaks Common. Shayuri's sheet is just in a rough version is all, so you were looking at languages she selected for her Sage background, which would be in addition to what she gets for being human (Common +1 other).

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Yeah, Talashia has Common. She's not even Nilfgaardian. :)

Those are her bonus languages, as Quickleaf said. Sorry for the confusion!

Updating sheet now.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I've posted my character to the Rogue's Gallery but you might want to hold off reading her, I still have a bunch of things to add in. But I did add her picture if that helps anyone. I'll try to get an in game post up tonight whether I finish her or not. :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Question! I am trying to decide between Druidcraft and Prestidigitation. I think Prestidigitation used to be you could make any small effect and they gave you examples. Now I think as the spell is written you can only do what is there? Druidcraft and Prestidigitation are SO close but I feel like Druidcraft really fits as does Prestidigitation. Especially when thinking about what kind of spells people in the Village would have come to Elora for, paid her for. I also want to have useful spells!

So I am deciding between: Druidcraft, Mending, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost *possibly dancing lights or light. Ray of Frost is definite but the others are not. Opinions?

Skarsgard

Explorer
I have always been a fan of Mending and Prestidigation.

Mending is crazy useful and Prestidigation has a whole swag of useful tricks that are normally attributed to magic users.

Shayuri

First Post
That's a good lineup! Talashia has Light if that influences your decision. Dancing Lights is a fun spell, but since it only gives off Dim light, it's less useful for us mere humies. :)

One thing to consider is Shocking Grasp. I can't tell you how nice it is to have that when someone corners me in melee. That ability to nullify reactions (and advantage to hit versus metal armor!) can be a hide-saver!

Remove ads