D&D 5E [5e] Witcher: Mother of Monsters

Quickleaf

Legend
guess this is me! Elora is a half elf so I guess I'm good to go there :)

Yep! I'll post the song in the IC.

Intelligence you say :p

Nature check = [roll13]

Success: By interpreting the markings on the compass, you discover a masterwork elven scimitar of the Blue Mountains in the ice! Surely such a fine blade will have great history among the elves. It grants +1 attack and damage, though it is not magical. It also won't break on a natural '1' like most weapons.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Yep! I'll post the song in the IC.

Success: By interpreting the markings on the compass, you discover a masterwork elven scimitar of the Blue Mountains in the ice! Surely such a fine blade will have great history among the elves. It grants +1 attack and damage, though it is not magical. It also won't break on a natural '1' like most weapons.

Wow that is amazing! Darius notes there are a couple of Sage types in the party and a half-elf as well who might have some inkling on the history of the item.

Here is one for him as well.

History Check [roll0]

Any finesse fighters who want to call dibs on this item?

Axel

First Post
Wow that is amazing! Darius notes there are a couple of Sage types in the party and a half-elf as well who might have some inkling on the history of the item.

Here is one for him as well.

History Check [roll0]

Any finesse fighters who want to call dibs on this item?

I'm totally jealous! Kynee can make effective use of a finesse weapon.

That said, you can use strength to make a finesse weapon attack. Finesse gives you the option of using Dex. It's not mandatory.

Quickleaf

Legend
Anyone feel like rolling 3 six-sided dice for some story stuff? :)

63106a15-70b4-4003-98c0-a128841e6670.png

Who from the PCs’ backgrounds is trying to control Odvara and why? (d6)

What is the elf’s plan to intercept Odvara before she is brought to the Queen? (d6)

What does Nan want Odvara for? (d6)

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
FYI, I'll post IC before I'm finished reviewing my character sheet.
This game came back alive unexpectedly, and I'm squeezed for time in the coming days.
I don't want to hold the game back, but please note that I will definitely tweak my character's spell selection.
Also, please note that every night, he casts goodberry if he has a 1st level spell slot left. This means that unless he ran out of spells the night before, he always has these handy during the day.
Cheers,

SG

Quickleaf

Legend
No worries. I think we're all pretty laid back about posting when we're able to :) Just keep me in the loop if you make any changes to your characters, but I'm totally fine with you even redesigning your character from the ground up (if you wanted to).

One thing I forgot to mention is how I'd like to determine initiative. I'd like to use a modified version side initiative combined with initiative scores (from the DMG p. 271) to help speed up play so we're not waiting for folks on different time zones to roll initiative. Here's how it works:

Everyone has an initiative score = 10 + their initiative modifier. Those of you (Talashia & Fergus) with advantage on initiative from magic items get a +5 bonus. So for each character the initiative score is:

Talashia 18
Fergus 17
Elora, Ethian, Kynee 13
Darius 12

I also reserve the right, if someone describes their character as taking unusual initiative to start an encounter (or taking pains to describe how they're hanging back) to grant advantage (or impose disadvantage) on their initiative score in the form of a +/-5 modifier.

Monsters, clumped into like groups, will roll initiative as normal. Player characters win all ties.

So you might get an initiative track that looks like this:

• 18 Talashia
  • 17 Fergus
  • 15 cambion
  • 13 Elora, Ethian, Kynee
  • 12 Darius
  • 7 imps

Incorporating side initiative, Talashia and Fergus can go in any order they like > then the cambion goes > then Elora, Ethian, Kynee, and Darius can go in any order they like > then the imps go.

If anyone has questions, concerns, or ideas (e.g. maybe you want to incorporate speed factors?), just let me know!

Remove ads